2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

...ummm...do you see my signature? I did, for 3 years.

Oh please people in the front ensemble don't march :tounge2:

• Like 4

Phantom Regiment is probably my all time favorite corps going back to 1977. But this year the design team didn't live up the performance level of it's members. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about that 7th place spot that seems strangely important.

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 1

Because it was their highest placement as a corps ever?

Fair enough!

You can bet your ### that if the sheets changed to reward super high demand, the Blue Devils would put out a show so hard only they could achieve it. If the sheets rewarded baby throwing, no corps would throw a baby anywhere near as far, with as much accuracy, and with as much style as Devils would.

You want to hate the game? Fine, I have no issue with that. But don't hate the guy who plays it better than you do.

Oh I 10000000% agree with this.

Other DCI groups need to step it up and get with the sheets that THEY helped construct.

I'll certainly miss and do miss seeing a bunch of shows with specific design qualities that I feel are part of the activity and enjoyable/effective, but BD is doing what it needs to do to excel on THESE sheets.

• Like 1

You can bet your ### that if the sheets changed to reward super high demand, the Blue Devils would put out a show so hard only they could achieve it. If the sheets rewarded baby throwing, no corps would throw a baby anywhere near as far, with as much accuracy, and with as much style as Devils would.

You want to hate the game? Fine, I have no issue with that. But don't hate the guy who plays it better than you do.

SO much truth to this! They could change the sheets tomorrow to reward all the things that folks around here seem to want to see and hear and the one thing of which I am 100% certain is that the Blue Devils would be the first corps to figure out to adapt to those new changes and make it work for them. They've proven it time and time again.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment is probably my all time favorite corps going back to 1977. But this year the design team didn't live up the performance level of it's members. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about that 7th place spot that seems strangely important.

They performed the heck out of an uninspired and poorly designed show, that's for sure. That hornline's sound is to die for.

No they don't. Just because someone doesn't understand, doesn't mean they have to reconsider the way they have done it for years.

Why would someone want to keep doing something that looks bad. I mean, I know they are being respectful but if they appear disrespectful why would they continue?