2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

Google has Auto Awesomed my photo.

20140809_172649-EFFECTS.jpg

Does anybody know the percentage of BDB members who move up to BD? I would think that the BD organization would use the same design philosophies for both Corps to shorten the learning curve for BDB members moving up.

Not only the same design philosophy, they employ the same fundamentals program across all three corps. There's a reason they look and sound like Blue Devils (even the C Corps).

We are now recognizing the sponsors. Crossmen has appeared in the tunnels and is standing by to take the field.

Steve has passed the MC duties to Brandt Crocker. That makes it official. Let's rock this #####!

Our first competitive corps on the field is the Crossmen from San Antonio, Texas. Their 2014 program is entitled "Alma Gitana: A Gypsy Soul" and consists of:

Bulgaria

Erghen Diado

Emmanuel

Zambra

Habanera from Carmen

Caravan

They'd have to rethink the size and scope of World Class. Open Class doesn't have enough corps to do anything other than what they're doing now.

Im for looking at both. That's just me. I feel the smaller corps in Open Class would be better suited with a third division. I do realize logistics and limitations are very real though

Im for looking at both. That's just me. I feel the smaller corps in Open Class would be better suited with a third division. I do realize logistics and limitations are very real though

The Open Class directors voted to eliminate the third division, and the class size restrictions, as well as to be judged on World Class sheets with normal tolerances. Open Class isn't about size so much as it is about fiscal responsibility and administrations using limited resources wisely.

• Like 1

THe corps starts in two large pods of horns and percussion, one centered on the back hash of the 25 on Side 1, the other on the front hash of the 25 on Side 2. The guard is in formation between both pods. There are tents and wagons on the back sideline where the tubas and cymbals are currently set up.