2015 Predictions

No corps is unbeatable. There is no big "if" on June 28. A lot can happen between now and August.

I'm just being logical here. I'm not saying BD is unbeatable (clearly that's an exaggeration when in my post I stated what the Cadets would need to do to beat BD).

I'm just being logical here. I'm not saying BD is unbeatable (clearly that's an exaggeration when in my post I stated what the Cadets would need to do to beat BD).

It's not an exaggeration given your implication that BD IS unbeatable. Your logic doesn't play into the minds of the judges and the drive of each corps to clean their show.

Having seen Cadets live three times now, I'm actually of a mind that execution will keep them in the game, but program will max out by late July, making them more likely for 3rd or 4th rather than 1st.

Cavaliers can take Crown, if they can find a way to connect the second movement to the rest of the show. They were smart to make the most technically challenging musical portion of the show the closer, since it leaves a strong impression as they wrap up. Not saying it'll happen, but it could.

My money will still be on Bluecoats to win, even up against BD. There's a lot going on, and it's all not just good, but on the leading edge of the activity, and that gets rewarded.

• Like 1

Having seen Cadets live three times now, I'm actually of a mind that execution will keep them in the game, but program will max out by late July, making them more likely for 3rd or 4th rather than 1st.

Cavaliers can take Crown, if they can find a way to connect the second movement to the rest of the show. They were smart to make the most technically challenging musical portion of the show the closer, since it leaves a strong impression as they wrap up. Not saying it'll happen, but it could.

My money will still be on Bluecoats to win, even up against BD. There's a lot going on, and it's all not just good, but on the leading edge of the activity, and that gets rewarded.

Who's gonna be the next president?

Abraham Fitzgerald Washington

• Like 2

I can't wait until the new buzz-phrase becomes "That is what he said...that is what AFW said."

• Like 1

Abraham Fitzgerald Washington

what a relief! I was so worried it was going to be one of the various idiots announced as running for President :)

Someone else on here made the point more eloquently than I did - once you look through the "mid level" units the scores seem a little high in CA - it's hard to tell the top bunch. Bu that Oregon/Regiment band vs. Blue Knights/Cavaliers band is where I see the scores around 1.5 off as you compare the two groups.

Of course I'm totally guess based on what I've seen and history.

I can't wait until the new buzz-phrase becomes "That is what he said...that is what AFW said."

Lol, I was literally about to say that, but I figured it would be a crappy joke.

• Like 1

The standard answer to this, and all things, 2000Cadet:............... " George Hopkins "

• Like 2

Lol, I was literally about to say that, but I figured it would be a crappy joke.

Which only serves to prove one thing...

You are by far a much wiser man than I. :colgate: