2015 Predictions

And I think that is all a bunch of BS.

I'm pretty much an objectivist about anything in general. 100/100 = perfect in my book.

I really think it's crap that scores are based on comparison. A bell curve.

Every time a handful of us explain how the system works you say this. Every time.

I don't know why you refuse to believe the half dozen or so folks who know the system in and out, but you do. It's not BS, 100 hasn't meant perfect since the tick system was discarded, and there is no bell curve. Heck, a bell curve judging system wouldn't make any sense at all, let alone the legion of issues you'd have creating and implementing one.

You can keep screaming that the sky is red all you want, but the rest of us know and understand the sky is blue.

• Like 2

I'm pretty much an objectivist about anything in general. 100/100 = perfect in my book.

This is why I can't wait for computers to judge everything but GE. Maybe it won't be possible until 40-50 years down the road, and I might be dead by then, but would still like to see it happen.

An objectivist with very subjective opinions. Interesting.

• Like 3

I read that book once. Pure fiction.

I kinda understand the scoring in DCI, although I am no sheets expert. But, I am not convinced that BD was 2.5 to 3 points superior to Coats and Cadets in 2014. None of the top 3 was pristine in execution, all 3 had different kinds of demand in their designs, etc.

Subjectively, I thought the spread in the podium would have been closer to 2012 or 2013.

I kinda understand the scoring in DCI, although I am no sheets expert. But, I am not convinced that BD was 2.5 to 3 points superior to Coats and Cadets in 2014. None of the top 3 was pristine in execution, all 3 had different kinds of demand in their designs, etc.

Subjectively, I thought the spread in the podium would have been closer to 2012 or 2013.

Let's enjoy the present season as it approaches.

BD won, Cadets design team threw away a silver medal by ruining their ending instead of making it better and Coats rocked out a great product at the right time.

• Like 4

Every time a handful of us explain how the system works you say this. Every time.

I don't know why you refuse to believe the half dozen or so folks who know the system in and out, but you do. It's not BS, 100 hasn't meant perfect since the tick system was discarded, and there is no bell curve. Heck, a bell curve judging system wouldn't make any sense at all, let alone the legion of issues you'd have creating and implementing one.

You can keep screaming that the sky is red all you want, but the rest of us know and understand the sky is blue.

Actually, kind of a metallic silver here right now in our twilight. With white clouds. And occasional blue patches interspersed. Kind of what I call a "Dallas Cowboy" sky....

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Actually, kind of a metallic silver here right now in our twilight. With white clouds. And occasional blue patches interspersed. Kind of what I call a "Dallas Cowboy" sky....

Oh, so it's a very average sky that occasionally (every five or six years) has a really clear day with a bright sun, but that flames out into a really bad storm to end the day, leading to the usual heartbreak and then ambivalence of the lovers of that particular sky. Got it!

• Like 1

Oh, so it's a very average sky that occasionally (every five or six years) has a really clear day with a bright sun, but that flames out into a really bad storm to end the day, leading to the usual heartbreak and then ambivalence of the lovers of that particular sky. Got it!

Thank you, Skip Bayless.

This is why I can't wait for computers to judge everything but GE. Maybe it won't be possible until 40-50 years down the road, and I might be dead by then, but would still like to see it happen.

I'd love to have seen how computers might've judged the Cavaliers winning DCI show " The Machine ". I think the machines would have judged them first the same way as the humanoids did. But who really knows. I don't think of these things all that much to be honest with you.

That said, its impossible to ask humanoids to adequately compare and contrast such wholly and dissimilar things, and determine in any reasonable rational way which is " better ". We ask them to do the impossible however. So I see no reason to beat up on those we ask to do the impossible ( judges ), when we start from the beginning premise that its impossible to determine which is " better " . Heck, we have judges differing by as many as 4, 5 position placements in the same caption, on the same nite, looking and hearing the very same things. So what conclusions do rational and intelligent people conclude from this ? Well, you tell me.( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO