2015 Predictions

Same thing could be said for other corps irt design staff (others who have a history of winning).

How much of Bluecoats show have you seen to put them in the top slot?

What makes this upcoming season so compellling is that between BD and Cadets, there's 26 world titles. And yet, I get the sense this season is wide open for someone else to win it. That, on this date, is quite exciting!

How you can get that sense when not one corps has yet to perform a show on a field in competition is interesting. I think what you wrote is what you hope and is not based on any evidence whatsoever! I thought that Crown would be in the top 3 last year, but once I saw their show my opinion changed quite dramatically. Still, preseason prediction are fun to do, so I say Madison gets the gold and shocks the world based on nothing but my love for them and also that it would be cool! Troopers get the silver and BDB beats BD to take the Bronze.

Edited by jmc5682

Last years 12th place corps would have easily been top 5 in my day.

I totally agree. I'm amazed at the quality of the top 12 these days. Drumcorps pull off some pretty amazing shows compared to the early to mid 90's.

I did not know that we have to have seen any of the Corps shows to do placements here.

I have not seen INT 's 2015 version yet, but please allow me and others to put them somewhere in the middle of the pack again this year if we choose, ok ?

.001.and that is to say I have ONLY seen a quarter of their show announcement "The...".

So I cannot say I would have them in the top slot at this point because I have no idea what they're doing.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Not seeing or hearing a single note should never be an impediment for any of us from leaping in and doing placement predictions here. We should not establish new criteria for this, imo. Not seeing or hearing anything has ever stopped us before on off season placement predictions, and I don't understand why it should stop us now..

Edited by BRASSO

Can predictions just be fun without the need to get into any hair-splitting conversations?

Absolutely. I'm on board that nobody should get their undies in a bunch no matter where their favorite Corps are placed on these things.,... and that nobody should be pitchforked for placing somebody else's favorite Corps lower than what that person would.

So count me in as one that fully supports that none of this of requires qualifications, asking for " credentials ", , or having seen or heard these Corps, and all that. If this is not done just for just sheets and giggles, then these few people are taking these off season placement predictions WAYYY too seriously, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm calling same top 12 as last year just different order. When was the last time that happened?

Prediction ? or result ?