What 2014 show moments will you remember in 10 years?

Wait, what? What did they do with baby powder at finals? (I missed this?)

At semis, they made a cloud as they exited the tunnel. I don't know if there's video of it floating out there yet or not. I don't see a penalty on the recap but apparently they were scolded for it.

Finals night the drum major waggles a bottle of it before the show, then a guard member in one of those masks is dementedly waggling it around at the end.

• Like 1

The Drum Major was on the podium, saluted the audience, and then held up a bottle of baby powder. He looked at it as we all thought "OK, what's he going to do now?". He then "thought better of it" and put it down. Judging by the cheers, I think most of the audience caught the reference to last year.

• Like 2

Ah. So the cloud was last year? I've misunderstood. This was my first year following things closely again in a good while.

10 year old memories will likely lose some detail, so I'll file them away with these simple keywords:

1.Tilt

2.Drop

At semis, they made a cloud as they exited the tunnel. I don't know if there's video of it floating out there yet or not. I don't see a penalty on the recap but apparently they were scolded for it.

Finals night the drum major waggles a bottle of it before the show, then a guard member in one of those masks is dementedly waggling it around at the end.

Actually, I think they got a 1.0 point penalty according to DCP's recaps: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/stats-calendar-recaps/?selMonth=8&selYear=2013

The DCI's archives for 2013 Prelims was offline.

Yeah I had the years mixed up. The baby powder was last year's semis not this year. I think the guard member at the end with the bottle was hilarious.

Yeah I had the years mixed up. The baby powder was last year's semis not this year. I think the guard member at the end with the bottle was hilarious.

Rats! I missed that. Hopefully, it will be on the DVD.

It's on the FN mulitcam. So it should be.

Edit to add screengrab:

bacpowder.jpg

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

At the beginning of the preshow, the DM showed the audience the baby powder (while staring at the press box)

At the end, the guard member who put the mask on the DM, took the baby powder container and shook it around (it was closed) while pointing at the press box in a "nah nah nah nah" way. It was glorious.

• Like 1

In 10 years, the show announcement that the Blue Devils scored a 99. 650 should still remain in our collective memories, as we probably won't hear any Corps beat this score in the next 10 years, imo.

if it IS done, my guess, that Corps will be........

.... the Blue Devils.

Other 2014 show memories :.... Bluecoats Tilt, Crown's trampolines, Cadets history lecturer, BK's brightness, BAC's darkness, Madison's pschedelics portrayal, Crossmen's gypsies, BS's Movers, BD's flamboyant unis, the wonderful brass solos of all the corps, SCV's outstanding drumline, etc and quite a few other memorable things, of courses. But BD's Finals show score will top them all as the chief remembrance of the shows for 2014, imo.

Edited by BRASSO