What 2014 show moments will you remember in 10 years?

SCV trombone skull splitting first hit.

Bloo pitch bend.

Cadets stage.

Boston's G7 and baby powder at finals.

Ill remember all of these moments.

• Like 1

SCV trombone skull splitting first hit.

Bloo pitch bend.

Cadets stage.

Boston's G7 and baby powder at finals.

Ill remember all of these moments.

Yes -- the thing I will remember 10 years hence is this is when I lost most of my hearing. LOL!

SCV's wild pit unison accellerando, and the little odd meter touches throughout the battery book.

BD's humorous snare solo (with cool under-the-leg stick flip) on the table with the guard ladies sitting around cheering them on.

Blucoats' pitch bend and show ending dive!

Edited by RickCogley
  • Like 1

Was it really that loud in person?

From Section 139, Row 16 -- it was quite loud. I guess I should have resurrected my decibel meter measurements this season.

When did this happen? I apparently missed something.

During the muffler feature, the lower brass all switched to trumpets and mellos (hidden underneath the trampolines). The echo feature (with the frisbees and rings) was done on high brass.

Madison's screamers - SCV drumline - the entire show. Nothing else is really memorable for me. Too much #### electronics from every single corps.

lol really Tekk? you missed that the whole corps was on high brass for the reverb echo thing?

might have to dig that mini van pic up out of the archives :-)

I said this in a post a while back, but really if you didn't know about it already, you probably wouldn't notice it. Most people probably aren't watching the horn players during the drum feature and realize they're going under the tramps to get the horns. The echo effect itself was not an "in your face wow" volume to make you think "man that's a lot of trumpets".. only when they changed it and added the jupiter tag at the end did it have that type of impact.

I think they should have done a much more "exaggerated" switch to the different horns to make it noticeable. Kind of a "we're all going to trumpets here, get ready cuz here it comes"..

Edited by frachel