Chuck Naffier available!?

I admit to being pretty bummed about Chuck no longer writing for Crossmen. I loved his book this year. That said, they need to look no further than the fantastic arranger that lives right in town and teaches at UTSA, Ron Ellis. He'd write a fantastic book for them.

• Like 3

That's a bummer, I have enjoyed the brass books he has written for the corps over the years. In the history of the Crossmen there have only been 3 brass arrangers that have written for them for an extended period of time Matt Krempasky, Michael Klesch and Chuck Naffier. I hope that there is a solid replacement waiting in the wings (Matt or Michael?). Good luck with the Colts next season Chuck!

Edited by jbeatty89

And didn't he go back to teaching middle school band this fall as well?

Indeed. Hawthorn Middle School South, Vernon HIlls, IL. He also does field shows for Marian University and I believe still works closely with Lake Park H.S. in Roselle, IL.

Now I know this is just me, but since last year, I haven't played back "Protest" not once.

For me, Crossmen 2013, like Colts 2014, is hurt by all the vocals--but the quiet tag ending to "Protest" is lovely.

To clear up any confusion; Chuck DID write for the Colts this season. The brass staff, who's first year back since 07, isn't going anywhere. Also, the current Colts Brass Staff was at Crossmen from 11-13.

Edited by Amil Muzz
  • Like 2