MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I'm sorry, but NONE of this is true. The truth is that they are putting out the best drum corps they can without going into debt. It's as simple as that.

There is 0.00% chance the financial climate at Madison is worse than that of Phantom Regiment. They've made some interesting (albeit poor decisions) of late, but those decisions were not monetary.

You can clearly make wise decisions in a lessor financial climate and be more productive than Madison.

There is 0.00% chance the financial climate at Madison is worse than that of Phantom Regiment. They've made some interesting (albeit poor decisions) of late, but those decisions were not monetary.

You can clearly make wise decisions in a lessor financial climate and be more productive than Madison.

Perfect example. PR's income typically runs about 300k/yr above Madison's.

Perfect example. PR's income typically runs about 300k/yr above Madison's.

Terrible example. PR had 580k in outstanding debts from ONE LENDER, at one point. Their running debts in the early 2000's were probably closer to 2mil.

Just because they have bettered their own situation doesn't make their financial climate any better than Madison's it just means they are making better decisions.

Terrible example. PR had 580k in outstanding debts from ONE LENDER, at one point. Their running debts in the early 2000's were probably closer to 2mil.

Just because they have bettered their own situation doesn't make their financial climate any better than Madison's it just means they are making better decisions.

At one point, Madison had over 600k in debt, all racked up in the 4 years after the "wake-up call." Anyway, you can't really judge the decisions without much additional evidence. The general point that placement is correlated with income is confirmed in spades by the PR-MS comparison.

• Like 1

Well, I do see a future to possibly dominate DCA the wsy the quality appears to be improving.

• Like 1

Well, I do see a future to possibly dominate DCA the wsy the quality appears to be improving.

If Scott Stewart were still at the helm, you probably would have seen the Scouts make the jump to DCA many years ago. With the Scouts being a founding member of DCI and with the current entrenched direction of the corps and it's leadership, it's status quo adrift in the swamp of DCI World Class Broadway productions!...Not your father’s DCI anymore!

• Like 1

At one point, Madison had over 600k in debt, all racked up in the 4 years after the "wake-up call." Anyway, you can't really judge the decisions without much additional evidence. The general point that placement is correlated with income is confirmed in spades by the PR-MS comparison.

Vince, I can confirm that it was FAR worse than 600K...Because I was on the B.O.D. at the time (quite the nightmare). It was a very dicey and tenuis time for the corps and association. The huge financial challenges DEFINATELY had a dramatic negative effect on the corps ability to put out a quality product!...And I would argue, it's a problem that the corps has not fully recuperated from up to this very day.

• Like 1

I just saw the Scouts in Madison. Quite frankly, I don't know why they are being scored so low. I loved the show. I thought it was uplifting and fun. Guard was great. Show was colorful and visually appealing. I thought it was the most enjoyable show of the night. It saddens me to see the corps moving in the wrong direction. Someone...please help me understand why scores are so low. Audience still loves them and somehow, this corps needs to get back to where it deserves to be.

I just saw the Scouts in Madison. Quite frankly, I don't know why they are being scored so low. I loved the show. I thought it was uplifting and fun. Guard was great. Show was colorful and visually appealing. I thought it was the most enjoyable show of the night. It saddens me to see the corps moving in the wrong direction. Someone...please help me understand why scores are so low. Audience still loves them and somehow, this corps needs to get back to where it deserves to be.