MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I must say that for the first time in several seasons after DCI finals the Madison thread is not filled with bickering, complaining and finger pointing! In fact, it's just the opposite! What a difference a year and a great design with a great staff makes!!!

• Like 1

I must say that for the first time in several seasons after DCI finals the Madison thread is not filled with bickering, complaining and finger pointing! In fact, it's just the opposite! What a difference a year and a great design with a great staff makes!!!

That's because the final score was 88.75 a combination of the two years the Scouts won DCI.

• Like 3

It is a nice feeling. I am very proud of this group and staff, and am so glad to know them. They will only get stronger.

One thing that I have observed about this modern era of DCI over the past few years is: you can not come out the following year with a program that is just as good as the previous year's program! If you do, you will not stay in the same placement, but more than likely you will drop in placement!

One thing that I have observed about this modern era of DCI over the past few years is: you can not come out the following year with a program that is just as good as the previous year's program! If you do, you will not stay in the same placement, but more than likely you will drop in placement!

Good point. I think the activity in general ( fall winter and summer ) is a competition with one's self 1st. There will always be someone behind using you as a goal. It's not always about 1st.

Many years ago and taught by the best in the activity I learned , worry and take care of yourself 1st and the rest will follow.

I guess that's good for the activity. But, a lot of pressure on show designers and instructors as compared to when I marched in the 80s. Maybe why there is so much more early burnout and staff movement as compared to past years. It almost reminds me of professional sports, if you don't perform in a short period of time, you get fired.

I loved everything about the scouts' show this year!!! I for the first time in several years am a very, very happy alum!!! Now, going forward into 2016 a few things that I would like to see would be: a little more "in your face" exposed drum book. Sort of along the lines of an SCV or Cadets. Visually what can I say! I want more, more, more of that fantastic scout turbo drill such as in "traffic jammin!" Guard was just so fantastic and engaging!!! Keep it coming brothers!!!

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 1