MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Thank you BozzlyB for your outward appreciation of the guys!!!

• Like 1

After first viewing I didn't think this show was vanilla at all. This is exactly the kind of show I love to see from Scouts. High energy, great music, LOUD hornline. The only thing I didn't love about this show was the voice, but I'm not a fan of that in general. Drumline is rocking with some great writing. THANK YOU for bringing back those uniforms!

Yeah, the vanilla comment was a little extreme..............though I like vanilla. With sprinkles.

The show is easy to get, I don't know if that counts as vanilla, the way it was described in that first webcast interview was also pretty apparent in my first viewing of the show, don't know if they've made any changes since then, but I'm sure they only help. I guess you could say it lacks depth in that you don't have to watch it 20 times to understand all the elements. I can take my mom with me, and she'll get it and really enjoy all the Gene Kelly music and references. It's so much more cohesive and enjoyable than last year (though those horns and drums were pretty rocking too). Brass and drums are fantastic and this is the first time in awhile that I can say the guard is really catching my eye. They have a well rounded, easy to understand, well put together show this year. Still really enjoy the visual package, love the little Madison Ms that pop up at various points and the half Fleur De Lis at the end.

Ditto on the Uniforms, the updated classic look is just f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c.

Yeah, the vanilla comment was a little extreme..............though I like vanilla. With sprinkles.

The show is easy to get, I don't know if that counts as vanilla, the way it was described in that first webcast interview was also pretty apparent in my first viewing of the show, don't know if they've made any changes since then, but I'm sure they only help. I guess you could say it lacks depth in that you don't have to watch it 20 times to understand all the elements. I can take my mom with me, and she'll get it and really enjoy all the Gene Kelly music and references. It's so much more cohesive and enjoyable than last year (though those horns and drums were pretty rocking too). Brass and drums are fantastic and this is the first time in awhile that I can say the guard is really catching my eye. They have a well rounded, easy to understand, well put together show this year. Still really enjoy the visual package, love the little Madison Ms that pop up at various points and the half Fleur De Lis at the end.

Ditto on the Uniforms, the updated classic look is just f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c.

Thank you for your positive comments! I think they have finally found the right staff, formula, etc. to be able to move forward now.

• Like 2

Thank you for your positive comments! I think they have finally found the right staff, formula, etc. to be able to move forward now.

I think so too, even if they don't place a lot higher than last year, I see things that are extremely promising this year for them in the long haul, guard and drill design are a big step up this year from last year for sure.

• Like 1

After first viewing I didn't think this show was vanilla at all. This is exactly the kind of show I love to see from Scouts. High energy, great music, LOUD hornline. The only thing I didn't love about this show was the voice, but I'm not a fan of that in general. Drumline is rocking with some great writing. THANK YOU for bringing back those uniforms!

I agree Boz! The Corps is high energy and I feel like that is increasing as they gain confidence with this product. But yeah, that "gotta dance" voice drives me nuts. If they took it out entirely, I don't think it would hurt the show at all. I do like how they replaced it

at the end of the show with reprising the MGM Lion roar. Anyway, I love this show and it's growing on me big time!

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 2

I think so too, even if they don't place a lot higher than last year, I see things that are extremely promising this year for them in the long haul, guard and drill design are a big step up this year from last year for sure.

I thik Andy Ebert needs to be commended for his growth as a designer over the past few years, but especially from 2014-2015.

• Like 1

I thik Andy Ebert needs to be commended for his growth as a designer over the past few years, but especially from 2014-2015.