Corps that are still Boy Scout Posts?

cdm

Are there any corps that are still Boys Scout posts/Troops?

Edited by cdm

So are their Venturing Crew numbers assigned like ye olde Troop numbers (if Troop is still being used)? Just wondering how people from all over the country can be considered with one "Troop" for a few months in a year. Or is the Crew concept without a location model.

s/ Guy was with a Troop that should have been thrown out of BSA (long story).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Some corps are "quietly" affiliated with BSA in order to benefit from the Group Insurance policies. At one time not too long ago it was almost every DCI corps; today other options and some of the membership and behavior policies held by the BSA have led corps to seek other insurance options I am told by certain directors.

Just as long as it's not the weblows.

:tounge2:

In terms of spelling....there, but by the grace of God, go I.

Technically, Crown is one during the seasons...

So are their Venturing Crew numbers assigned like ye olde Troop numbers (if Troop is still being used)? Just wondering how people from all over the country can be considered with one "Troop" for a few months in a year. Or is the Crew concept without a location model.

Yes, crews are assigned unit numbers, often 4 digits.

BSA units:

7-10 years old: Cub Scouts. Unit = Pack

11-17 years old: Boy Scouts. Unit = Troop

14-20 years old: Venture Scouts (co-ed). Unit = Crew.

Units typically are associated with a specific location, only because they are chartered by organizations that are tied to a specific location: Churches, synagogues, VFWs, schools, etc. But it's not necessary for a unit to be rooted in a single spot.

The Madison Scouts are no longer affiliated with Boy Scouts of America. That partnership ended in 2011. Also, I'm almost 100% certain that The Cavaliers haven't been affiliated with BSA in many years. I don't think there aren't any World Class corps still affiliated with BSA, but I don't know about Open Class or DCA.