BlueStars 2015 "Side Show"

brians

I can imagine the use of the straight jackets from 2010 and make siamese twins somehow, back to back, tossing a flag or something up over their head and having the other catch it, doing somersaults, etc.

I'd also like to see someone swallowing fire, although I don't think it's allowable to light things on fire on the field :D

But the very nature of what a "Side Show" was back then normally involved freaks of nature. I really doubt the Blue Stars are going to start parading around marchers dressed up with severe disabilities. The finger-pointers would have their head.

So for those hoping for a "dark show", I'm not really sure what that would be like. We're not going to see bearded women, pig-face woman, the camel girl, Tom Thumb, 3-legged man, or even siamese twins. They're not going to risk hurting the sensitivities of others for a drum corps show.

However we may see juggling, fire and/or sword swallowing, trapeze flipping, things like that.

We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves where they take this idea.

Anyone else have any predictions of what we might see?

And for those here that DO know, keep it to yourself for now, admittance has to be paid to see the Side Show with our very own eyes :-P

Well the juggler was confirmed by their instagram page. I could see them doing something with strong man easily. Trapezee is a possibility because of pictures posted showing platforms. From their vine preseason it has a dark feel in the pit (possibly preshow). My guess is dark beginning transitioning to a lighter show showing how fun the sideshow can be. All a guess. They could possibly do a dark twist on every single song in the rep which I wouldn't have a problem with either. All I know is I've only heard great things building off of last year from friends.

• Like 1

This will be a great show for them. I'm thinking along the lines of Houdini, which I liked a lot.

• Like 1

Same thing I thought. Glad they kicked up the demand, I've got a really good feeling about this show.

Well the hornline has been the lowest scoring of the corps so they wanted change and brought Dr. Miller in. I believe Saucedo is working with the horns more often so hopefully its a big change.