Madison Scouts Cymbal Line Returns

They were playing. I hoped for more sound as well, but I know for certain they did all play.

Yeah. I've gotten other pm's with same info. No disrespect intended to any involved. I hoped for a lot more too. I was pretty excite to hear that line and instead was served up a nice gooey plate of goo.

Yeah. I've gotten other pm's with same info. No disrespect intended to any involved. I hoped for a lot more too. I was pretty excite to hear that line and instead was served up a nice gooey plate of goo.

I agree, and wish I couldn't as a former member of that section.

I had a chance Saturday to talk to one of the best jazz writers in drum corps history, a person still very involved in both outdoor and extremely involved in indoor...in fact helped grow indoor percussion to where it is.....and his HS team had a plate line. Since I was on GE Music, percussion wasn't my focus, and he teased me about not giving the "lids" love, knowing full well I was on GE. I told them I saw them ( there were 6 how could you not), and I thought they were great and would love to really sit down and watch them without being on GE. I mentioned Madison bringing them back and he said "outstanding. Far too many people, like you know, non us drum types, have no clue what a cymbal line can add.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry, but if you can't hear a cymbal line on the field you are deaf or going deaf.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

Personally - I love a cymbal line. I like the visuals, I prefer the sound of cymbal crashes made by striking 2 cymbals together rather than striking one with a stick or mallet and I like the sound of the battery playing cymbal rides where appropriate.

Just one guy's opinion.

• Like 2

Personally - I love a cymbal line. I like the visuals, I prefer the sound of cymbal crashes made by striking 2 cymbals together rather than striking one with a stick or mallet and I like the sound of the battery playing cymbal rides where appropriate.

Just one guy's opinion.

My thoughts exactly. So are Madison & SCV the only 2 finalist corps marching cymbals?

My thoughts exactly. So are Madison & SCV the only 2 finalist corps marching cymbals?

Crossmen as well.

Crossmen march cymbals and have always done so (unless my aging memory fails me)

Edited by cf144

One year (1994 or 1995?) Madison cymbal line threw their cymbals back and forth to each other in the backfield and it was AWESOME!