Cadets 2015

Brian was the tour manager in 2004 and I believe the following year. He was with the Cadets for several years prior to this. He went on to become the director of the Glassmen.

I didn't realize my age was showing!

Brian was the tour manager in 2004 and I believe the following year. He was with the Cadets for several years prior to this. He went on to become the director of the Glassmen.

I didn't realize my age was showing!

Well I marched 2000 so if he was there around that time, I should know him too.

I will try to find a picture.

CRAP! I messed up with the dates. It was 1994 when he (Brian) was tour director. I can't believe it has been that long! I don't think I could sleep on gym floors today.

Brian is the person standing on the far right. He also marched in 89 and 90 (perhaps in 91 & 92). For some reason the picture is not posting for me. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Edited by dcikon2

I also know that Hop takes a lot of flack over certain things; however, I respected him how he dealt with a driver incident in Dallas that summer.

Wonder if that is one of the reasons one or more of the driver's Boston had the past few years are with The Cadets this year.

with close ties to the Cadets, the final closer has been disclosed to me. There will be a canon located at the ten yard line in the closing moments, a random Blue Coat Brass member will be abducted from the lot and stuffed in the canon and a countdown starting at ten will commence and at zero the Blue Coater will be shot to the opposing ten yard line where the color guard will be assembled as a maush pit . As the Blue Coater approaches the guard will then form the letter X (TEN) and the Blue coater will land between the guard lines on the ten yard line. At that moment the guard will raise flags with the roman numeral "X" and the narrator will announce the word "TEN". and then the ten Cadets from the French horn caption will carry the sacrificial Blue coater on a gurney, accompanied by the ten snare drummers back too the drum majors stand, tada ! It seems a bit much to me, but who am I to critic these shows. I am just in awe of all these performers from every corp. that dedicate their summer to this activity for our viewing pleasure. THANK YOU to them all.

with close ties to the Cadets, the final closer has been disclosed to me. There will be a canon located at the ten yard line in the closing moments, a random Blue Coat Brass member will be abducted from the lot and stuffed in the canon and a countdown starting at ten will commence and at zero the Blue Coater will be shot to the opposing ten yard line where the color guard will be assembled as a maush pit . As the Blue Coater approaches the guard will then form the letter X (TEN) and the Blue coater will land between the guard lines on the ten yard line. At that moment the guard will raise flags with the roman numeral "X" and the narrator will announce the word "TEN". and then the ten Cadets from the French horn caption will carry the sacrificial Blue coater on a gurney, accompanied by the ten snare drummers back too the drum majors stand, tada ! It seems a bit much to me, but who am I to critic these shows. I am just in awe of all these performers from every corp. that dedicate their summer to this activity for our viewing pleasure. THANK YOU to them all.

They'd probably lose GE points for this lol...

• Like 2

To clarify some stuff, Brian Hickman marched Cadets in the late 80s/ early nineties. He became the tour director after he marched for a few seasons and then became the director of Glassman starting in 1997 after Dan Hutchinson became the director of DCI. Brian was the director of Glassmen through the 2012 season.

To clarify some stuff, Brian Hickman marched Cadets in the late 80s/ early nineties. He became the tour director after he marched for a few seasons and then became the director of Glassman starting in 1997 after Dan Hutchinson became the director of DCI. Brian was the director of Glassmen through the 2012 season.

Ahh. No wonder I didn't know him. I didn't go to Cadets until 1999.