Cadets 2015

I was thinking about checking out rehearsal and Hop says they are at "the Annapolis stadium". But the YEA website says they are housing in Bowie, which is 30 miles from Annapolis. Does anyone know if rehearsal is actual at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium or is it in Bowie?

Wrong

Again.

Or still. I've lost track.

OMG. How rude. If the original uniform had a thematic tie in to the show why is it being changed? And does the replacement uniform also have a thematic tie in? If not, isn't it strange that a major corps had a uniform design that is not custom to that show at all?

I was thinking about checking out rehearsal and Hop says they are at "the Annapolis stadium". But the YEA website says they are housing in Bowie, which is 30 miles from Annapolis. Does anyone know if rehearsal is actual at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium or is it in Bowie?

They are at the Navy-Marine Stadium.

OMG. How rude. If the original uniform had a thematic tie in to the show why is it being changed? And does the replacement uniform also have a thematic tie in? If not, isn't it strange that a major corps had a uniform design that is not custom to that show at all?

Original tie-in: October (10th month)

New tie-in: neon (10th element)

This has been discussed multiple times on here. One learns more by listening (or reading, in this case), than by speaking (writing). Try it.

• Like 3

:unhappy: but ... but .... but why not WEDNESDAY? I'm going Wednesday, not Thursday. This should be Wednesday. Wednesday.

Nah. Thursday is perfect. Not just because I'll be there, but. OK it's perfect because I'll be there with my periscope up.

• Like 1

The Cadet uniform (pretty standard for decades), is being altered to highlight the neon palate being added as the 10th element on the periodic table. It's another element they are adding to the show to showcase the TEN concept. It was scheduled months ago obviously, and should add to the visual effect.

So you're a judge. And you're judging a corps who 7 days before finals changes its complete color palette and completely changes its free-associated randomly generated thematic design. What in God's name does either uniform have to do with Dmitri Shostakovichs tenth symphony other than things that rhyme with the word ten. Frankly, I think it's a cry for help.

because: Cappybara!

Actually. Making assumptions is rude

The original color scheme was "Autumn" which relates to October - the 10th month. Hence all the reds, oranges, maroons etc

The new color scheme is "Neon" - the tenth element. So along with neon we will see black, white and gray to keep the emphasis on "neon'

The plan for 2 color schemes this season was made back in the spring as a way to keep the show fresh and allow it to change and evolve during the season

The "neon" color scheme debuts on Thursday in Chester

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

their housing is Bowie HS - the rehearsals are actually at the Navy Stadium - so the corps will be at the stadium 9am to 9pm or so each day

enjoy!

• Like 1