Cavaliers deserve so much more!

Oh man! I have been watching a few Cav's shows like Spin Cycle etc. and I really think those shows deserve a 99.65 just as much if not more than BD just got.

Yes I am a BD alumni. I am saying openly that I am more amazed by those shows than what I am seeing now days. So much more precise movement says it all IMO!

there! I said it.

• Like 1

The drill is absolutely amazing from all those awesome Cavies shows. Like seriously the closest I see to that type of great drill nowadays is some from SCV. Their percussion sounds great to my untrained percussion ears. Their guard complements the visual program really well (I particularly liked 08's guard). However, their hornlines have consistently been disappointing and have left a lot to be desired. In that area, they don't come close to BD 14

Watching anything from pre 2012 Cavaliers makes me realize how #### much I miss his drill in the drum corps world and how I can't think of a single visual program in recent years that makes me that excited. Vanguard's the closest it gets for me in recent years. Yeah yeah there's some really "effective" stuff going on now, but the lack of his signature style in the corps world kinda makes me sad the more I think about it.

• Like 1

Oh man! I have been watching a few Cav's shows like Spin Cycle etc. and I really think those shows deserve a 99.65 just as much if not more than BD just got.

Yes I am a BD alumni. I am saying openly that I am more amazed by those shows than what I am seeing now days. So much more precise movement says it all IMO!

there! I said it.

I thought the shows were designed well but executed poorly in a lot of ways. Still, incredible for its time and above most others, but I am still shocked that 2002 was scored so high.

• Like 1

I thought the shows were designed well but executed poorly in a lot of ways. Still, incredible for its time and above most others, but I am still shocked that 2002 was scored so high.

It's all apparently relative to their competition. So be shocked at everyone else....

I thought they were wonderful that year.

It's all apparently relative to their competition. So be shocked at everyone else....

I thought they were wonderful that year.

This year was a MAJOR improvement over the past few years.

• Like 1

I was certainly more "wowed" during the Cavies domination. Those winning shows were amazing, judges and fans alike loved them. The current BD domination has produced some of the most bizarre gold medal winning shows. I liked last year although arguably that spread was very generous over the next two corps but Dada and that 2010 show, yuck. I would have thought One of those great Cavies shows would have nabbed the highest score ever.

This year was a MAJOR improvement over the past few years.

True, but a different topic than 2002.

It's all good though! :tounge2:

They may not have been "artsy" enough for the judges.

Just a hunch, but I think there is much more truth in this statement than many would be willing to admit.