Cavaliers deserve so much more!

Just a hunch, but I think there is much more truth in this statement than many would be willing to admit.

"The judges for some odd reason love artsy fartsy"-my band director

I remembered that when I saw your comment, honestly I like artsy when its not overdone and is enjoyable, but nonetheless I completely agree. :P

They may not have been "artsy" enough for the judges.

Just a hunch, but I think there is much more truth in this statement than many would be willing to admit

When DCI shifted from the tick to the evaluative era, the judges shifted from being the arbiters of truth to being the elite, then to being the elitists. We hoi-poloi and our tastes were dismissed, alas.

Edited by xandandl

"The judges for some odd reason love artsy fartsy"-my band director

I remembered that when I saw your comment, honestly I like artsy when its not overdone and is enjoyable, but nonetheless I completely agree. :P

So you like the artsy, but may you don't like the fartsy?

I was certainly more "wowed" during the Cavies domination. Those winning shows were amazing, judges and fans alike loved them. The current BD domination has produced some of the most bizarre gold medal winning shows. I liked last year although arguably that spread was very generous over the next two corps but Dada and that 2010 show, yuck. I would have thought One of those great Cavies shows would have nabbed the highest score ever.

You mean besides 2002 when they were the first corps EVER to achieve a 99+ in World Class?! If you're question is why that hasn't held up (and it did up until Finals night), then I guess the easiest answer is Blue Devils 2014 played cleaner (especially in percussion), and IMO maxed out effect a little better.

Cavies also had some great drill back to the early 90's.

I've always thought that much of what Michael Gaines was doing with the corps was trying to take the corps where Steve Brubaker would have, if not for the unfortunate loss of that amazing man.

• Like 1

Agreed - Cavs drill in the 90's was also very, very good. Recently watched the 1997 (Firebird - silent drill) show - if anything, it might have been ahead of its time.

Mike

Agreed, but pretty dirty IMO.

• Like 1