Regiment '15

Interesting possibility but does "Summer of City of Light" make much sense?

Every year they produce shirts with "Summer of <Name of Show>" on the back. It has the exact same font, exact same coloring, exactly like the shirt they are teasing. It doesn't matter what the show is called, they produce those shirts.

For example, two that don't make sense grammatically:

Summer of Into the Light in 2010

Summer of On Air in 2007

Edited by kdaddy

Every year they produce shirts with "Summer of <Name of Show>" on the back. It has the exact same font, exact same coloring, exactly like the shirt they are teasing. It doesn't matter what the show is called, they produce those shirts.

Summer of On Air in 2007

Ah okay gotcha. I actually really like that possibility then. Definitely sounds like a different direction for PR if that's the name of the show.

Summer of On Air in 2007

Well...grammatically they are fine. Summer of "title" makes sense. Have to look at whole title as the object of preposition. Edited by chaos001

Here's Wikipedia's collection of musical works called City of Light:

"Symphony No. 22 "City Of Light", a 1970 composition by the American composer Alan Hovhaness
"Live In The City Of Light", a 1987 album by Simple Minds
"City Of Light", a 1997 album by Bill Laswell
"City Of Light", a song by Theatre of Tragedy from Musique (album) (2000)
"City Of Light", a 2000 album by Kingdom Heirs
"The City Of Light" ((Hilltop Hoods)), 2007 hip-hop album by Hilltop Hoods
"City Of Light", a 2011 light opera by Michael McFaden based on the music of Arthur Sullivan and set in 1907 Lily Dale, New York
I think the first and last choices are the most likely, with the first (Hovhaness) seeming closest to the mark.
Here it is on YouTube

Here's Wikipedia's collection of musical works called City of Light:

"Symphony No. 22 "City Of Light", a 1970 composition by the American composer Alan Hovhaness
"Live In The City Of Light", a 1987 album by Simple Minds
"City Of Light", a 1997 album by Bill Laswell
"City Of Light", a song by Theatre of Tragedy from Musique (album) (2000)
"City Of Light", a 2000 album by Kingdom Heirs
"The City Of Light" ((Hilltop Hoods)), 2007 hip-hop album by Hilltop Hoods
"City Of Light", a 2011 light opera by Michael McFaden based on the music of Arthur Sullivan and set in 1907 Lily Dale, New York
I think the first and last choices are the most likely, with the first (Hovhaness) seeming closest to the mark.
Here it is on YouTube

Doesn't necessarily have to have a piece called "City of Light." It could just include music made by composers from Paris.

• Like 1

I think the Regiment design staff is smart enough to not just look at source music that has a title to fit the theme.

For example, if a corps does a show about nature, the pieces don't have to be about nature or have a title about nature, but rather fit the musical idea in terms of sound.

In Swan Lake they used music from King Kong and Dracula.

I wouldn't go overly literal in terms of possible music.

Here it is on YouTube

Except Hovhaness's Symphony No. 22 isn't motivated by Paris at all (and was commissioned by an orchestra in Alabama).

(though I do like Hovhaness)

Edited by kdaddy

Is Don Hill still arranging for Phantom this year? I may be in the minority here, but I've loved his arranging for Regiment. Last year's ballad was one of the best of the year. It's the performance issues that are holding them back, imo.

Is Don Hill still arranging for Phantom this year? I may be in the minority here, but I've loved his arranging for Regiment. Last year's ballad was one of the best of the year. It's the performance issues that are holding them back, imo.

Yes - he is still at Phantom. I liked last year's ballad as well.