Regiment '15

In my opinion, I say we don't even mention "Sanford challenger," as I don't think Regiment will achieve what Rennick achieved without Rennick. For me, I'll be happy if the percussion is competent and integrated and finishes in the vicinity of the corps placement - you don't have to be a title, but don't be a weakness. And I think Bret Kuhn can absolutely do that.

IF he has the brass arrangement and pit arrangements to complement the battery, then maybe. That's a LONG way down the road, IF at all.

Edited by chaos001

We now have a picture on PR's FB page of the snare auditions. Seems to be about 30 or so pounding away.

So, any thoughts on the 2015 battery? How many returning from 2014? Strengths and weaknesses? Needs? Suggestions?

Someone here has mentioned the impact of Matt Jordan's leaving may have on the return of some 2014 FE members. Is it too soon to say?

Is it fair to say that it takes 3-4 years for the percussion chief to build a potential Sanford challenger? I thing BK has done it before and I trust him to do it again with the Regiment.

Battery will be fine as long as they're competent and can play together. I'd hope that many would return. Having Brett Kuhn around is exciting and a draw for some, but I'm still not sure that's what the corps really needed. I am sure Matt Jordan leaving will have some impact. One thing I can get on board with is Rob Ferguson. I don't really know what it'll mean in the long run (if anything). Who knows if he'll be around more than a year or so... but I like what he's done for many years and he's a great addition. I hope he will eventually be more than FE arranger.

Also - I know we'll find out in a few hours, but some ideas on show concept that have been tossed around on social media sites have turned out pretty interesting. Camelot and Carmen by Bizet. They don't exactly fit the clues, but I do enjoy the City of Light idea in this thread.

Edited by euphononium
  • Like 1

Also - I know we'll find out in a few hours, but some ideas on show concept that have been tossed around on social media sites have turned out pretty interesting. Camelot and Carmen by Bizet. They don't exactly fit the clues, but I do enjoy the City of Light idea in this thread.

I was thinking about Carmen last night, and I think that'd be fun. Though not "new," really.

I was thinking about Carmen last night, and I think that'd be fun. Though not "new," really.

Carmen may be written by a Frenchie, and sung in French, but it's a Spanish story, so I hope they wouldn't use that as thematic material for a story about Paris ... if they are even doing a story about Paris.

• Like 1