Regiment '15

Just because Regiment isn't doing it well, doesn't mean it can't be done well.

It can't be done well! Loud speaker technology today isn't capable of simulating the purity of original musical instruments. What is available isn't powerful enough to reach beyond the theater level. If it were, it would still be cost prohibitive.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. There are digital instruments that are capable of copying the stops on a mechanical or electric piston pipe organ so precisely that even some trained organists admit to not being able to discern the difference.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. There are digital instruments that are capable of copying the stops on a mechanical or electric piston pipe organ so precisely that even some trained organists admit to not being able to discern the difference.

I did't say digital instruments, I said "loud speaker technology" beyond a theater level.

It can't be done well! Loud speaker technology today isn't capable of simulating the purity of original musical instruments. What is available isn't powerful enough to reach beyond the theater level. If it were, it would still be cost prohibitive.

You're entitled to your wrongness, this is 'Merica.

I think a nice fleur de lis would substitute nicely there. Thoughts? It would be fairly easy to change the design without causing a headache for the next set.

Not sure switching the cross formation to the symbol of the Madison Scouts would be good for the show - yes I am aware of the origin of the FdL with French Heraldry.

How about they form a big croissant and then a giant baguette - and then someone in the pit can dress up as Jerry Lewis?

I did't say digital instruments, I said "loud speaker technology" beyond a theater level.

Give me a few minutes and I will post a link to an instrument whose sound is produced by loudspeakers

Edited by Pes49

I assumed that the closer represented Notre Dame and the "light" associated with Christ. Plus, the fourth movement of the Organ Symphony sounds Doxology-ish to me, though I can't find anything on the webs to support this relationship. Whether the symphony was meant to be played in a church or not, I think it very much has a "church" feel to it, so I think the cross iconography, along with the stained glass, is fine.

That said, I just don't like the transition to it and generally don't think it's effectively done.