Audition: Phantom or Cavies

If you prefer a nice large brass sound, join Phantom Regiment! (Take my opinion with a grain of salt)

If you like to throw jolly ranchers and lay on the ground in someone else's space at retreat, the Cavaliers are probably for you.

Showing your age there. Retreat has about as much relevance to current DCI members as G bugles do.

Like I said originally, The Cavaliers largely reject that nonsense. Funny, they were right, it is all but gone now.

Edited by lumbargleeful
  • Like 3

It's true that in the Phantom Regiment is very strict. It has military roots plus we are VERY rooted in tradition, so it makes sense that it would have a "regimented" style. Did I ever, once in a while, get tired of how serious things were all the time? Sure. Do i regret a single second of it? NOPE! Being in the Regiment taught me how to push through the hardest, most difficult moments of my life with strength, courage, and poise, even when I thought it was impossible. Being a part of such a rich tradition and a true family is also a pretty awesome perk. All it takes is a "SUTA" to be best friends with someone you've never met. Not saying that Cavies won't do the same thing for you, but I can only speak to the Regiment side. We may not get 10-minute water breaks and a million full free days, but it makes you feel pretty hardcore knowing what you were able to accomplish over the summer. I wouldn't trade it for anything. You just have to decide which style fits you or will help you the most. I wasn't used to being pushed so hard. My style and personality very well may have fit better at Cavies, but being at Regiment helped me in areas of my life that I needed help in. I'm more confident, bold, and resilient than i thought I ever could be thanks to the Regiment.

You do realize you are basically acknowledging the way that Phantom Regiment treats their members is pointless sometimes and the "most difficult moments in your life" could largely be toned down. Otherwise, the group wouldn't have spent the last 15 years largely losing to The Cavaliers.

• Like 2

You do realize you are basically acknowledging the way that Phantom Regiment treats their members is pointless sometimes and the "most difficult moments in your life" could largely be toned down. Otherwise, the group wouldn't have spent the last 15 years largely losing to The Cavaliers.

What?

What?

http://corpsreps.com/

1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

He acknowledges that The Cavaliers members receive better treatment, acknowledges that the Phantom Regiment treatment is brutal and some of the "most difficult moments in your life", and in doing so is showing that that treatment is unnecessary because The Cavaliers have repeatedly destroyed the Phantom Regiment in the last 15 years.