Carolina Crown 2015

Let's not get carried away here. I think everyone can agree this will be a good show. But one of the best? We'll see.

Like I said, maybe it's some bias xD

every single video ive seen is just slow. And I agree with the opening statement. 2 minute long drum feature is just like them playing on mufflers last year. Throw horns in somewhere or more pit.

ive heard all the music. the show is not slow. and good deal of the slow is in pre-show. goh, dies irae, copland, closer are all up-tempo. just the pre-show and ballad are slow.

waiting is.

--VMS

• Like 1

Around the 1:10 mark in the above video it looks like do another rotating 3-dimensional drill move at the back of the right side of the field.

I noticed that too. Kind of looked like a pyramid

• Like 1

Around the 1:10 mark in the above video it looks like do another rotating 3-dimensional drill move at the back of the right side of the field.

Good catch. Looks like a pyramid similar to 2013. Also from that video, I just wanted to say that I really like the way they tuned the snares this year. They sound a lot better.

I believe it is the rotating pyramid from 2013 just upside down!! Great catch of that moment!

This one doesn't seem to have as much impact as the other clips do. This music just doesn't sound as good as the others. It is bad quality, so we'll see.

thats probably because that is their pre-show intro..

This one doesn't seem to have as much impact as the other clips do. This music just doesn't sound as good as the others. It is bad quality, so we'll see.

That could be due to:

1. It's June 4th.

2. It was recorded on a slightly better than normal potato

3. It's a pre-show.

I've heard some march recordings of this portion of the show (brass only) in the school gym and it sounded a lot more impactful. It just depends on acoustics and the recording. By then end of the season, the mellos will be popping with their licks and the low brass will sound great.