Carolina Crown 2015

Given that the show is Inferno, would those be...hotpants???

One might say that.........but I'm certain they did pay for them. :augen51:

Thank you for another report! Any specifics on the new direction of the percussion? That's something I'm excited to see.

Due to traveling for my day job........I think the recently posted video might answer those question.

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. For some reason the tech big hit and remote connecting to anything was beyond difficult.

I have a lot of questions but am almost afraid to ask

I'll ask one:

Is there some uptempo stuff in the show? I honestly just don't know... Wondering about the overall arc to the program. The opening statement is quite long. I guess some of that is pre-judged. But the drum feature is extremely long. I'm guess in construction it must follow some wicked fast brass driven piece? As it stands the judging community is bound to say "cut it in half"

I guess I don't have a good sense of the program. A lot of the source material is dark and somewhat plodding in terms of tempo. There are some fast moments, I just don't understand what sections they are using I guess.

A bit "confused" at this point regarding Crown 2015.

I'll ask one:

Is there some uptempo stuff in the show? I honestly just don't know... Wondering about the overall arc to the program. The opening statement is quite long. I guess some of that is pre-judged. But the drum feature is extremely long. I'm guess in construction it must follow some wicked fast brass driven piece? As it stands the judging community is bound to say "cut it in half"

I guess I don't have a good sense of the program. A lot of the source material is dark and somewhat plodding in terms of tempo. There are some fast moments, I just don't understand what sections they are using I guess.

Dies Irae follows the drum feature and that is a fast, powerful, flashy piece with the brass playing a ton of notes, powerful chords, etc. Ballad is what you'd expect a ballad to be. Closer is insane

• Like 1

Dies Irae follows the drum feature and that is a fast, powerful, flashy piece with the brass playing a ton of notes, powerful chords, etc. Ballad is what you'd expect a ballad to be. Closer is insane

Gotcha. Thanks. so what's before the drum feature?

I'll ask one:

Well, it's early June, still weeks out from the first show, and the corps are all still deep in the learning process. There's a ton of trial and error-style experimentation going on, so it's hard for anyone except the members and staff of each corps to get a handle on anything, really. This is the time of year that I try and just enjoy what does leak out, and not try too hard to figure any of it out.

Gotcha. Thanks. so what's before the drum feature?

Nothing. Drum Feature is what opens the show. The "entrance to hell" per say