Carolina Crown 2015

Okay, so here's my recommendation as to the major change Crown will make at the 9:00 minute mark. When the horn line is wrapped in the red cloak of Phlegathon, the boiling river of blood, one by one, each horn line member will tear through the cloth, escaping its grasp, barely able to breathe, tearing through the waves, stumbling and helping each other out of the river of the seventh circle of hell. They help each other up, brush themselves off, and celebrate their escape from hell, perfectly segues to the last movement, Beethoven's Ninth.

I'd also do a thing where each of the pieces of "cloth" (really, it would have to be a fine lightweight paper or ripple cheese cloth or gossamer type fabric) would be picked up by guard members with special pikes with graspers on the end, making flags out of the shredded bits, and carrying them off as if pieces of shrapnel floating away in the abyss, making way for the final movement.

I am the master of set piece fixes. Bow down and freaking worship me.

Edited by Channel3

Okay, so here's my recommendation as to the major change Crown will make at the 9:00 minute mark. When the horn line is wrapped in the red cloak of hell, one by one, each horn line member will tear through the cloth, escaping its grasp, barely able to breathe, ripping through, stumbling and helping each other out of the cloak of hell. They help each other up, brush themselves off, and celebrate their escape from hell, perfectly segues to the last movement, Beethoven's Ninth.

I'd also do a thing where each of the pieces of "cloth" (really, it would have to be a fine lightweight paper or ripple cheese cloth or gossamer type fabric) would be picked up by guard members with special pikes with graspers on the end, making flags out of the shredded bits, and carrying them off as if pieces of shrapnel floating away in the abyss.

I am the master of set piece fixes. Bow down and freaking worship me.

I dunno, I think it would be better if they picked up the pieces and wrapped them around their waists in a skirt-like manner.

• Like 5

I dunno, I think it would be better if they picked up the pieces and wrapped them around their waists in a skirt-like manner.

All hail the guy-skirt, the epitome of good fashion sense!

• Like 1

Crown, closing the gap. Only beat Cadets in Guard, but also won the vis achievement box. At this point in the season, the comp box is more indicative of future successes, but being cleaner than Cadets visually is no small feat. Man, this season is fun!

I really don't think Crown will overtake Cadets. The judges seem to be making it clear that the Cadets have just as much if not more room to grow than Crown currently. Let's see if the new closers will change that.

I really don't think Crown will overtake Cadets. The judges seem to be making it clear that the Cadets have just as much if not more room to grow than Crown currently. Let's see if the new closers will change that.

Ah, right. I forgot about Cadets' new closer. I do agree that Cadets will probably wind up over Crown in the end, but I could see them possibly passing Cadets temporarily as Cadets clean that new ending, which is going to be a beast.

Even after the marginal gap from tonight? Bold statement.

Even after the marginal gap from tonight? Bold statement.

Beware of looking too much into partial panels :)

Precisely, because it has absolutely no reference to Inferno, or Purgatorio or Paradisio or Mama's Family, for that matter. It just "feels right" to them, and it's "the trend right now" meaning the trend for the last 10 years as perpetuated by them and their costume designer friends. :augen51:

Edited by Channel3