Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

It is all kind of for naught, if they look like horses with broken legs when they march. (which they do)

Some good sounds from Troopers-- nicely done.

I can't watch that without laughing, though. It's funny watching a staff member get too emotional during warn up.

Booze and overhyping.

• Like 1

Wow, saw a video from last night. LOVE IT! I understand it too, which was a huge issue I had opening night. Props added in helped me with this big time.

Thought the visual package was.............not good on the opening night webcast, didn't see how the props could fix it. But they really bring it together, didn't realize the props were going to be an absolutely integral part of the design, and they really complete it. They sound huge in the impact moments. Ballad works really well, nice to actually be able to hear the singer in this vid. Brass supports her really well. That's going to be stunning come August. Impact there is great with the double flags, really great. Drum feature is nice, can definitely hear the Rennick writing in it. The "Dreamer" reprise at the end is great.

I think they have some work to do cleaning the movement of the props and the drill itself, but IMO this show has a lot more substance to it than the last two, which were getting dangerously close to making finals. Not gonna predict anything, but I think they're definitely in the conversation.

• Like 2

I am a fan of The Cadets and my son marches with them this year. I was also at the Allentown show 6/29 which the Cadets won. But in my heart, the most memorable single moment in the whole night, was seeing the Troopers Color Guard simulate a stampede in the back of the field. The artistry was incredible, moving, and something I will never forget. And I will visit Wyoming this year with my family. They did a clean show with super unison horn movements at increasing angles from level. They got it right this year and I hope the judges reward them well for it.

• Like 3

It's there if you look for it.

Summon it...and it will come.

• Like 2

9:28 in the video on the website that shall not be named is incredible. What a great chord change. I auditioned for them and I still vividly remember playing that specific moment a few times with the rest of the hornline. It sounded unbelievable and that was when I realized how freakin awesome drum corps is and that Troopers are not playing around this year. I'm super excited for them and despite my username, I can't wait to march with them next season! Sorry I got so off topic haha but I love that moment so much.

• Like 2

I have to say, I'm quite surprised by the amount of fire power coming out of Troopers' hornline this year. Pretty incredible. Reminds me of the huge step up BK had last year.

• Like 2