Blue Knights 2015

My only regret on 2014 BK was that their Finals performance was flat... in the Quarters, Semi's they were much stronger in performance. Had they performed at Finals as they did earlier in the week, they would have stayed ahead of Phantom Regiment at Finals placement. That said, 2014 was a much, much brighter show from BK than we've ever had before from them. Even their uniforms were much more brighter. I hope BK stays on this " bright show, optimistic show " theme they have chosen of late. Their dark, brooding, complex, show themes they did for years and years clearly didn't do much for most audiences, nor the judges .Like most fans, I like this change they have chosen for themselves much better now too.

YES! Even seeing this show in July was so powerful. The message, the energy were so intense and it grew every single night... they peaked Friday night while Phantom had one more left in them for Saturday (as is tradition). I have never sat in the stands and felt what I did at semis this year. It was just incredible. I really hope 2015 builds on that and they leave their dark past behind.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...

Nobody commenting on that picture I posted? Did anyone notice that all the trumpet players have a mellophone in front of them?

I'm thinking BK is going to do something similar to what BD did last year.

It's not totally uncommon, Phantoms mellos switched out for baritones (or euphs?) in 06 during Ave Maria. I'm more interestred in what piece or design choice is dictating that, which at this point is unknown. Time will tell.

It's not totally uncommon, Phantoms mellos switched out for baritones (or euphs?) in 06 during Ave Maria. I'm more interestred in what piece or design choice is dictating that, which at this point is unknown. Time will tell.

I didn't mean to imply this being an uncommon practice, though I think it might be uncommon for BK.

Like you, I am very interested in knowing more about their show.

I didn't mean to imply this being an uncommon practice, though I think it might be uncommon for BK.

Like you, I am very interested in knowing more about their show.

Don't get me wrong. Very very excited to see what they're doing. I had an emotional connection in Denver last year like I've had with no other performance before. Was unreal. I'm beyond ecstatic to hear what they're doing in 2015.

• Like 1

I've heard great things coming from people who have attended the camps. 2015 should be even better than last year

I've attended camps as a member of the BK Percussion Ensemble (we've been doing our camps together) and the music for this year is solid. I think everyone will love it.