Blue Knights 2015

I got there just in time to see the show-and-tell on Sunday. I heard what seemed like impressive and eye-opening stuff, especially in the trumpets (although that may have been because I was three feet away from them).

I neglected to give anybody a quarter. :-) I even talked to Mark, but didn't think of it.

The Whitaker clip was easy to identify...even for a musical neophyte like me...but can anyone identify the other two?

The second one from the original post is from Fly to Paradise as well... Not sure about the third one though...
  • Like 1

They are really starting to have a distinctive style of brass.

It's a style I really enjoyed last season. They have a lot of power

BK used to have a style where a lot of their themes and music selected had a tendency to be very dark and very foreboding. But last year, the entire show changed stylistcally in a major way with them. Gone was the dark themed musical shows we had come to know form BK, and added instead was a much, much more brightness, optimistic, inspirational styled themed and musical show... even down to their new uniforms that are now really bright. And... this worked for them, as they were one of the very few Corps to move up in placement last season a couple of placements, and better still, this new style from BK was a hit with audiences.. Will this fresh and new brighness style they have adopted for themselves continue into this season ? Well, time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO

Yea I was really happy with their direction and from all indications they have their best drum corps in every section. This is setting up to be a very special BK summer

Yea I was really happy with their direction and from all indications they have their best drum corps in every section. This is setting up to be a very special BK summer

Thats great to hear, Wes... BK had a very enjoyable show last season... a very coherent and easily understood theme, good music, good visuals, and all of it pretty well executed for them.. Would love to see them crack the upper echelon this season.

Edited by BRASSO

My friend who is marching baritone for BK this year showed me the mouthpieces they're using this year. This corps is going to have a very dark, warm sound.