The whole opening leading up to the first impact is absolutely awe-inspiring! Definitely my favorite part. I also really love the final moments of the drum break leading up to the first notes of dense in the closer. And all of woods is divine.

• Like 1

All of this talk the last few pages is making me remember why I started in on this activity in the first place. I came across the Blue Devils on PBS while just a young pup in high school marching band. I really liked that they were playing some cool music, and doing so with a lot of swagger.

Fast forward to 2015, that's still basically what I really like about the activity. That's why I like Bloo's show this year, and most of the past 10. Great music, played well -- I don't remember too much else that really matters to me. And believe me -- I can go pretty deep when it comes to all manner of artistic pursuits. I just don't much care about any of that when it comes to this activity. (In that frame of reference, I'm also digging Cadets this year -- run and gun, baby!)

Me too. Except I was introduced to it on my 1st day of MB in HS, I fell in love with a VHS recording on the spot and said "IM DOING THIS." BC is simply bad-### - I respect. appreciate and promote the form of direction, growth and pure entertainment value I see growing in Canton w/ no signs of slowing down.

All politics, design analysis and rumors aside....from a purely artistic standpoint few can completely comprehend what it takes to to bring a corps up to this level........AND keep it there. We saw SCV then BD accomplish and hold onto consistency and growth at DCI that is unmatched, then Garfield makes a come-up in the 80s. We've seen Rosemont be untouchable for years at at time, yet also slip down, even miss finals. Rockford also has this variability from year-to-year. Madison can go from being the best corps under the sun to the sidelines, then back up to the top, repeat, etc.

this isn't a criticism of Rosemont or any other group, but to me it is scary when a corps slips out of Finals. In my experience as a left-coaster, slipping out of Finals leads to more slippage (financially it automatically does) and more slippage leads to a fold - We've observed this with The Kingsmen, The 27th Lancers, The Bridgemen, The Freelancers and The Velvet Knights. It's tragic when legends fade out...I'm excited to see BC & Crown rise up I hope it continues and that more corps find a way to make this happen. My hopes are that all existing perennial crowd pleasers with DEEP ROOTS and tradition (Including, but not limited - Concord, Santa Clara, Cadets, Rosemont, Rockford, Madison, Crown, Crossmen and Canton continue for 100s or 1000s of years after we're long gone and forgotten.

My concern is that all corps eventually fold; that drum corps becomes a small exhibit at The Smithsonian or perhaps one paragraph in a US History textbook.This is a bit selfish on my part - coinciding with a natural wish for immortality or ...for some "aspect" of me to never be forgotten. Better - for this aspect of me to remain active for all time. I'm certain professional athletes feel the same way about their respective sports and teams.

I was stoked when Crown won because when I marched, they were a perenial Semifinalist, but still a great corps with talented members and a cool staff. They've also sparked some momentum and proved that a "new" corps can win DCI.

That means BC can win DCI.

That means the drum corps activity is GROWING as a whole.

That is GOOD NEWS to all of us.

2015 BC = MORE DRUM CORPS.

MORE DRUM CORPS = MORE GOODER.

therefore-GO BC!

QED.

Edited by Tapper7
  • Like 1

Stay tuned...the last week is going to be fun :tounge2:

He's right ####'s gonna get REAL at Nats. You never know who has an ace in the hole. BC has a litany of hold-cards to play.

Edited by Tapper7

Quoted:

I was stoked when Crown won because when I marched, they were a perenial Semifinalist, but still a great corps with talented members and a cool staff. They've also sparked some momentum and proved that a "new" corps can win DCI.

That means BC can win DCI.

That means the drum corps activity is GROWING as a whole.

That is GOOD NEWS to all of us.

2015 BC = MORE DRUM CORPS.

MORE DRUM CORPS = MORE GOODER.

therefore-GO BC!

QED.

Who knew drum corps could be synthesized down to a mathematical proof!

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 1

All of this talk the last few pages is making me remember why I started in on this activity in the first place. I came across the Blue Devils on PBS while just a young pup in high school marching band. I really liked that they were playing some cool music, and doing so with a lot of swagger.

Fast forward to 2015, that's still basically what I really like about the activity. That's why I like Bloo's show this year, and most of the past 10. Great music, played well -- I don't remember too much else that really matters to me. And believe me -- I can go pretty deep when it comes to all manner of artistic pursuits. I just don't much care about any of that when it comes to this activity. (In that frame of reference, I'm also digging Cadets this year -- run and gun, baby!)

So, you're saying that you don't care about what the judges care about?

So, you're saying that you don't care about what the judges care about?

Just what is your deal anyway, Channel3, ahem, I mean Brutus? Is your whole existence on this board to troll and flamebait?

• Like 2

I enjoy watching the Bluecoats show. It's a compelling watch from start to finish.

For any number of championship-quality shows, there's that moment - or moments - in a show that carries with them long after the last note is played. For example, in TILT, there was THE ENDING, pitch bend, Hynm - the sound, the beautiful visuals in the tilted front, the titled field...

For the 2015 show, what are the moments that will be remembered? Is it simply the electronics? The loops? What is it about this show that will make it live on in our memories?

Thanks for sugar coating it. The Bluecoats show has no memorable set pieces and no thematic merit. They can easily build it in for the finals shows, but the question is will they? Edited by Channel3

Thanks for sugar coating it. The Bluecoats show has no memorable set pieces and no thematic merit. They can easily build it in for the finals shows, but the question is will they?

Hey channel3 guess you got the bus from cadetland now you're. here to troll Bloo lol...must have a special troll bus pass. :fight:

• Like 1

Thanks for sugar coating it. The Bluecoats show has no memorable set pieces and no thematic merit. They can easily build it in for the finals shows, but the question is will they?

Out of curiosity, have you ever taken a class on waves? Not ocean waves, but a class that covers the mathematical model of waves and its properties, such as diffusion, diffraction, refraction, reflection, absorption? Have you learned the role waves play in quantum mechanics? How about thermal physics?

You keep asking people on another thread if they have read dances inferno (I have by the way) and imply that unless someone has read it they are not capable of providing quality analysis on the show design, yet I would guess that you fall victim to Your own philosophy on this thread.

Meanwhile, I find there to be numerous points in this show I find memorable, and the show is cohesive throughout in theme and mood.

• Like 4