SOA '15

I was at Spirit's last two camps. They sound strong and the new staff is solid. Last year was transitional for sure. This year they are better prepared to compete.

• Like 4

I was at Spirit's last two camps. They sound strong and the new staff is solid. Last year was transitional for sure. This year they are better prepared to compete.

I was at the December camp Show and Tell, and heard from folks at both camps: David's assessment is on target. I'm really looking forward to the new season.

• Like 4

I'm excited to see what they do. 1 kinda rough transitional year is no reason to give up on the thought of them making progress. (I quite liked a few moments in the show personally, it just never came together as a package for various reasons). 2 + bad seasons, then we have reason to start to worry. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. We shall see in June.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Ahhhh, let's be careful with the use of the word "old" if you please!

We are...let's say....experienced. Yeah, I like that much better. ;)

Dan

My apologies Dan, I should have said seasoned ;-)

• Like 1

Is pickled considered a seasoning? :tounge2:

Young Spirited Mr. Roberts...

No I didn't march Spirit in my day...they didn't yet exist. Don't be defensive when someone puts a context on the comments. Prove them wrong by performance, not blustering.

• Like 1

There are still a lot of very good people on the leadership team at Spirit of Atlanta, but I don't think derbydog said anything about a leadership "team." Now I could be wrong, but I suspect that derbydog was talking about one person at the very top of the organization, a person who has run off several people whose love for the organization ran much deeper than hers. Right, derbydog?

You are correct, most problems started at the very top, but several in charge just below that position were not ready, not experienced enough, and not qualified for the job they needed to do for a corps in 2014/2015 either.

And for those that offer that the staff or admin really love or care for the corps . . . sorry to be so blunt, but, so what?

All corps have good people, people that love the corps.

That fact that you care bunches doesn't equal you know bunches, or can score bunches.

Edited by derbydawg

You are correct, most problems started at the very top, but several in charge just below that position were not ready, not experienced enough, and not qualified for the job they needed to do for a corps in 2014/2015 either.

And for those that offer that the staff or admin really love or care for the corps . . . sorry to be so blunt, but, so what?

All corps have good people, people that love the corps.

That fact that you care bunches doesn't equal you know bunches, or can score bunches.

Well I wasn't around much last summer to see the problems you mention because I was one of those that she had already run off.