Dumbest things drum corps peeps told you

In mid-May "XXXX corps folded yesterday; they are sending us a bus filled with 14 brass, 12 drummers & 10 guard"

Turned out to be a VW bus with 2 horns, 1 drummer, and a guard member (she did not last 2 rehearsals).

I did a spit take when I visualized this with the Absolutely Fabulous cast. The VW bus opens (and HUGE wafts of Colorado Smoke escape); Edina/Patsy spill out onto the pavement; Saffron can't attach her drum to the harness; Gran forgets her flag on the bus.

Wow, TV writes itself!

• Like 2

This! And Cadets are out of the top 6.

After their disaster of 1986, I was told they were close to folding. Then, I read a DCW blurb that winter that Garfield welcomed the return of Zingali/Sylvester, and since I assumed they'd be paid a lot (baha), all was well in Joisey.

" I am never wrong "

" Madonna marched Bridgemen"

• Like 1

Dumbest things?

I've been around drum corps since 1967. The stuff I've heard... well.... there isn't enough room on the Internet to list it all.

I've attended a number of meetings for the DCA all-age circuit over the years... not as many in recent years. And on any number of occasions, I'd hear from people telling me, "DCA decided such and such at the meeting..." when I knew, having been at that meeting, that no such thing occurred. My response was usually, "OK... whatever you say..." LOL

Another favorite of mine: "(Whatever circuit... DCI, DCA, etc.) decided that (X or Y corps) would win that year... the fix was in all summer"... without providing any shred of credible proof whatsoever that it was the case. That one has "Oliver Stone movie" written all over it. :tongue:

• Like 1

" there is no slotting in Drum Corps "

" no Midwestern corps have ever marched overage marchers in DCI "

• Like 2

"There are so few woman in positions of leadership in DCI. ( ie ,judging ,Corps Directorships , Show Designers, etc) because so few Woman want these jobs."

• Like 1