Dumbest things drum corps peeps told you

The Ohio state marching band is the best band in the land (as we fawn all over their making moving figures, just like bands did in the 1960s).

That one's for you Gar

• Like 1

The Ohio state marching band is the best band in the land (as we fawn all over their making moving figures, just like bands did in the 1960s).

That one's for you Gar

Thanks, Dad.

It's easier to hit things when you're aiming up.

Besides, I only ever said that TBDBITL is better than your band.

Doing drum corps is gonna help my resume.

Like most drum corps shows, it's all how you sell it:

Excellent at marking time in this difficult economy until exact hit without pre-telegraphing the move; the business competitors will never see it coming.

Stop and go's are an expert skill to capitalize on opportunities and not going beyond the imposed limits.

Able to function in pressing situations with little sleep and under other tough sacrifices, making the best appearance even when others are not ready.

Can follow directions whether from the podium of the chief officer or the bull horn of press box critics.

Definitely a team player with full ensembles, sections, subgroups, as well as soli.

Most sensitive to the rhythms of life, the counter-rhythms, and the various tempos that create the bigger picture.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 5

Thanks, Dad.

It's easier to hit things when you're aiming up.

Besides, I only ever said that TBDBITL is better than your band.

Haha. I'm so old I don't think I have a band anymore. That fire doesn't burn as bright as it once did. I now appreciate things in a lot of bands. They're all different and have different things to offer: Ohio State and Wisconsin for their excellence in hazing. Ok just kidding. Ohio State for their precision marching, Wisconsin for their stop-at-the-top marching style, Michigan State's low brass, my school's fight song. Any southern school that plays "neck" haha.

• Like 1