Indiana's Religious Freedom Act

As you may know, the Indiana House, Senate and Judiciary Committee have all passed a bill that would permit private businesses to discriminate based upon their religious beliefs, which is now on the Governor's desk for signature. GenCon wrote a letter urging the Governor to consider his decision carefully, as he has previously indicate he will sign it, threatening to pull their conventions from Indianapolis at a cost of $50MM to the state.

Does anyone know whether DCI's big-wigs are aware of this issue? Does anyone think they might have any concerns about this and future finals in Indy? What about individual corps who train there?

Does anyone know whether DCI's big-wigs are aware of this issue?

You can be sure they are aware of it. It's been spreading like wildfire on facebook with lots of drum corps members, instructors, and designers. What DCI will do with that knowledge is up for speculation, of course.

Counting down to lock...

• Like 2

DCI would need to find a deal that blows Indy away before they'll move, unless they see business really drop

Counting down to lock...

holding for the moment - I'm curious as to how this one might stay relevant to drum corps and be able to stay away from politics and religion....only a matter of time, I suspect.

carry on...or something...

holding for the moment - I'm curious as to how this one might stay relevant to drum corps and be able to stay away from politics and religion....only a matter of time, I suspect.

carry on...or something...

Well, it was not likely relevant to drum corps to begin with and it is about politics and religion by definition so...