Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Whoever still insists that all corps are alike today need to open their minds and ears and of course eyes IMO. Corps of course look so different from one another as well as design choices NOW sound wise , THIS is so typical BD.full beautiful sound, that edge of soul, even jazz like, there are other great hornlines for sure BUT BD's sound is their own, no matter what the show concept JMO

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 5

Thanks for that. I sure hope it is just an effect of the recording, but that synth bottom end through much of it is horrendous.

No problem, I found it and thought I should share( and finally post something on here). And Yes I found it super heavy. I'm sure it's a work in progress (of course) and the recording probably effected it also like Apathy says.

Sounds like the recording gear was normalized or something. Everything sounded the same volume.

Oh also, check other videos from the same user...he has a bunch more stuff up :) And it is good :)

Yeah there seems to be about 3/4's of the show in different chunks uploaded. Its rough but I think dig it :)

Edited by Aké

Is it just me or is there not a Chapter 2 posted on his youtube page? I can only see chapter 1, ballad, chapter 3, and chapter 4.

Is it just me or is there not a Chapter 2 posted on his youtube page? I can only see chapter 1, ballad, chapter 3, and chapter 4.

I noticed the same thing, and the chapter 2 woul dhave been the coolest part of the show so far for me based on that other leaked video earlier in the season. They do play that piece in one of the warm up clips though.

I'm sorry but the uniforms are ridiculous.

• Like 1

Oh my god.. This may be the first BD show since 2008 that I don't love. I'm just a little puzzled. I know this was a recording of their show from a pretty bad vantage point and through a mic that clearly is making everything sound pretty much the same dynamic, but I don't see any cohesiveness in this show at all.

I was actually enthusiastic to see what BD would do with the k-pop piece but this isn't what I was expecting at all. I hope this will be one of those BD shows that takes the full season for me to start to appreciate (like 2013), but right now I'm just a little disappointed.

Holy crap they march so well this early in the season...

Musically, uhhhhhh Not feeling it. At all.

Edited by KPinCAL
  • Like 1

Their whole low brass sound is synth. That ballad is so disappointing without a good hornline sound.

Their whole low brass sound is synth. That ballad is so disappointing without a good hornline sound.

Not necessarily true. Like I said in my post, the recording wasn't the best and could be misleading, depending on many different conditions that can factor into the quality of the sound. Regardless of my critique regarding their show design, this is still a powerhouse of a corps. Their marching is already amazing. And their hornline sounds as great as ever.

Just listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFh59gSHP-w