Best headphones for DCI?

I meant to ask this last summer but just really never got around to it.

With the season starting in a little bit, I really want to get opinions from people around here that use headphones when watching the fan network, and what they recommend gives justice to the performances.

lets just say money isn't an issue, and heck I'd have headphones exclusive for DCI listening

If you can, take some of the music you listen to often to several stores that sell headsets and test them out. Don't know if all headsets fit into most MP3, CD, etc. type players. I imagine the music used by the stores are geared to make the headsets sound good. With DC music, you might want a pair that does a good job of blocking out most of the external sounds around you and maybe able to adjust bass and treble.

Happy reading. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=best+headphones

I've been using Klipsch R6's as my universal set and they work really well for me for everything (good bass but not too overpowering). You will want to get headphones that take it a little easy on the bass and have a more neutral sound palette. Basically, a little bit like the type of headphones one would use to listen to classical music. Take my advice with a grain of salt though as I'm no audiophile/expert on this.

KEF M500 cans are excellent for all musical genre, and they also travel well.

I've found that while classical sounds best if you get something with open-back, DCI sounds a bit hollow (though using an enormous pair of open-backs like an AKG 701 can really replicate that 'in an empty dome' sound).

of the half-dozen high-end pairs I've had, the PSB M4U's have been the best for DCI listening. they are pretty neutral in an equalizer sense, have a soundstage big enough to let you feel the breadth of the show without getting too big. and they have the power to bring out the details.

cost slightly above their sound on account of some nifty features, and they are very bulky, but I fully endorse them if the encumbrance isn't too big a turn-off.