RADICAL IDEA. Discuss.

look changing the model of finals isn't going to fix what ails DCA.

what ails DCA is, and no disrespect to Rochester, finals weekend is held where there's only one local competing corps. You want to get young eyes on he product? PA/NJ/MD has more bands per square mile than anywhere in the Northeast. That's the region that needs to find a willing host

• Like 6

what ails DCA is, and no disrespect to Rochester, finals weekend is held where there's only one local competing corps. You want to get young eyes on he product? PA/NJ/MD has more bands per square mile than anywhere in the Northeast. That's the region that needs to find a willing host

EXACTLY!!!!! Find a willing host in PA with a deal mirroring or close to the Rochester bid, and the place will be packed.

Yup, if only someone could -

A) Find a suitable venue in Jersey, and

B) Put together a bid and submit it.

Seriously!

Yup, if only someone could -

A) Find a suitable venue in Jersey, and

B) Put together a bid and submit it.

Seriously!

i know a venue that may not be as "free" as Rochester, but works....and has a corps about 45 minutes away.

Amy...maybe you guys need a 3rd show to be involved with?

:ninja:

• Like 1

My understanding is that DCA is looking at ways to restructure the process of scheduling shows and that among these is the possibility of an early "regional" type event somewhere more central to all the corps. As far as I know nothing has been decided but I think they are looking at trying to get more corps together at least once earlier in the year. We'll see what pans out.

Dan

Yes, this is what I was hoping to see happen for a while now. I think in order for this to work, though, they will have to make it happen in a place like Cincinnati. You could possibly do it in Baltimore, but you would be less likely to get MBI or Kilties at it. If you did Cincinnati, it might be the best place to engage the Midwest, South and Northeast. Obviously, everybody would not make the trip, but I think it would make it less than a 10 hour trip for a large chunk of corps.

The issue is with the location outside the NE- money, sponsorship, and will people come and make sure no one "loses their AXXes", as two of my instructors did years ago when they put good money down to help set up the Bensalem exhibition before Finals in 1981? :satisfied:

I see nothing wrong with trying to promote, etc. The problem is, the Winston-Salem fiasco rears its head, and people get cold feet. I know that was the weather's fault, etc. etc., but no one wants to lose a chunk of change. Money's still tight and very, very carefully spent by every DCA member corps.

As for "where" in the NE? Well, at least there are three what I'd call "regional" events this summer, 2 around Clifton and one in Scranton.

• Like 1

I'm tellin' ya.... I hit the lottery, and my money will be on Princeton, NJ.

Literally. :tongue:

• Like 1

No football at the Princeton stadium on Labor Day weekend.

Annapolis... great venue, IMO... (and not just because I live nearby... just a great town, stadium, etc.) but it would cost this particular lottery winner a bit more to....uhhhh... "persuade" the Navy football team to move a Labor Day weekend home game to either Baltimore or DC. :ninja::tongue:

:peek: FYI Fran...Mega Millions is up to 214 million for tomorrow...

:peek: FYI Fran...Mega Millions is up to 214 million for tomorrow...

I'm in.... LOL!!!!