New DCI.org website

Disclosure: I'm a moron

I naively (perhaps, moreso lazily) assumed that DCI Live would be like the Fan Network. Hence, I signed up again.

Now, I'm looking at the site, and I see no archived shows (e.g., past years). I now look at this thread and see a previous poster mentioning a lack of archived content. Is this indeed true? Have I been duped, like I was when I bought this oceanfront property in central Oklahoma?

Read this thread....

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/162171-fan-network-2015/

...perhaps visit DCP first next time?

Question: What is the way to go from one contest's scores, to the next contest of that date's scores without having to flip back to the homepage to hit Scores again?

I guess I am presuming that I should be able to scroll down (as in moving from the Evansville show to the Pittsburgh show, both the same night.)

If I am doing the process correctly now, it seems a bit cumbersome.

• Like 1

Question: What is the way to go from one contest's scores, to the next contest of that date's scores without having to flip back to the homepage to hit Scores again?

I guess I am presuming that I should be able to scroll down (as in moving from the Evansville show to the Pittsburgh show, both the same night.)

The understatement of the season!

...it just sucks

• Like 1

Easy-Peasy

Thanks John.

Given my work, time schedule, technical limitations, and rotary phone, the new abilities are sometimes beyond me and my availabilities. This is appreciated.

But on DCP, isn't it Peasey (as in Tom)???

I think you're referring to Tom Peashey .... and I have no knowledge of Tom being 'easy'. :shutup::tounge2:

I think you're referring to Tom Peashey .... and I have no knowledge of Tom being 'easy'. :shutup::tounge2:

or cheap

• Like 1

Hmm. We don't know the DVD/BluRay cost yet, right? However last year the top cost for full video involvement in the activity, so to speak, was the top price at FN, which included DVD/BluRay, am I right? Live+Blu was $179, Live+DVD was $159 (thanks, Wayback Machine). They basically knocked $10 off for the package.

That means for $179 you got BluRays, full season live except for delayed Finals, and the archive.

Now, they've removed the archive, and charging $100 for full season live. That means that unless the BluRays are $79 or less, and the DVDs are $59 or less, they are about to charge us more for less.

Remember, DCI is not incurring a greater cost that they have to recoup, because they are not streaming the archive. So they're not paying any of the costs for the archive. They are saving money, delivering less, and charging a lot more (presumably BluRays/DVD individual costs will be at least as much as they were before). Am I getting that right?

The only thing thrown in is Finals itself streamed live, which was a lot extra last year.

But consider if you get the $60 no-champs package, plus the BluRay when it comes out. At last year's BluRay price ($120 I think) you'd pay $180, same as the old Live Bluray $179. But you get no archive or Semis!

The whole thing has the look of, "Let's rearrange pricing packages to hide the key lost features and make as much as we did before, and even more."

I guess they just have to make a set amount of money from the fans, regardless of what they deliver. They must get the money. But I wish they didn't hide it from us. Or at least took interviews about it from people who are not their employees.