New DCI.org website

After suffering through the first couple of weeks on the new "and, err, improved" website, does anyone like the changes?

Two things I always used DCI.org for:

1) Schedule info. The previous format was much better. By the week, one click and all corps competing were listed. Easy link to show info. New schedule is a long list, one click on event details get you an annoying ad. Now when you select schedule by corps, you get the corps' schedule but no direct link to the show to let you know who they're competing against.

2) Fan Network. RIP! Though, when I was in Indy, a sales associate said at the DCI souvie stand that they are working on bringing some of the fan network archived shows back.

Also, loading time - via non mobile or not - is not hitting the mark.

DCI has lowered the content level and their achievement to the content leaves much to be desired!

NOPE...Schedule is a step backward but as Jeff has said...what is really the alternative?....

More people periscoping and spurning the cost of DCI giving us less for more money! Now I know it's not right for copyrights to ask that but I'm certainly not going to mind watching live drum corps esp when DCI won't even let us see archived shows! LAME

More people periscoping and spurning the cost of DCI giving us less for more money! Now I know it's not right for copyrights to ask that but I'm certainly not going to mind watching live drum corps esp when DCI won't even let us see archived shows! LAME

If more people will periscope the lot...It sure will make show threads more interesting...

• Like 1

If more people will periscope the lot...It sure will make show threads more interesting...

Sshush! Otherwise Garfield as the show sponsor in Dublin will be demanding a special periscoping fee in addition to the entrance fee he wanted a few threads back to impose on those who came out to watch "the Lot!"

Sshush! Otherwise Garfield as the show sponsor in Dublin will be demanding a special periscoping fee in addition to the entrance fee he wanted a few threads back to impose on those who came out to watch "the Lot!"

Darn right! DCI charges and arm and a leg to host these corps, and I need every opportunity to earn it back!

It's why we've instructed all warmups to be done facing away from the stands into the open fields beyond.

No freebies for nuthin' for nobody. Everybody pays!

Bwwaaahhhhhaaaaaaa

I am sitting here thinking how badly DCI has handled themselves the past few weeks and how much damage they have done to their reputation. I wonder if anyone at DCI has pondered the possibility that they have opened the door for someone new, someone who knows how to really do live broadcasts and treat customers. Someone who might swoop in an offer people a service that DCI could not, or would not offer to customers. They have had a good run all these decades but this fiasco and the way it was handled may could be the first blow for something new from someone or somewhere that DCI could not compete with.

I am sitting here thinking how badly DCI has handled themselves the past few weeks and how much damage they have done to their reputation. I wonder if anyone at DCI has pondered the possibility that they have opened the door for someone new, someone who knows how to really do live broadcasts and treat customers. Someone who might swoop in an offer people a service that DCI could not, or would not offer to customers. They have had a good run all these decades but this fiasco and the way it was handled may could be the first blow for something new from someone or somewhere that DCI could not compete with.

You know, I absolutely hope and think you're right. But that would only solve the paying-customer problem now wouldn't it? It wouldn't necessarily solve the problem of the decision-makers who let it happen.

(...must...bite...tongue...)

First, let's not forget that the directors aren't necessarily in tune with how this is going. They are totally focused on their jobs, as they should be. Edit: I don't know anything; maybe they're all plugged right in and know exactly what's happening. I know a few corps directors who can't help but be involved, but to what level is unknown.

Until proven otherwise I'm going to utilize what my mother taught me and give the decision-makers the benefit of the doubt here. This breaks every Italian rule I ever learned from my father or The Godfather. But, for the love of God, there simply MUST be a rational explanation for what we have. What I'm pondering is that, possibly, what we have is exactly what they thought we'd have. In a cold analysis of numbers, maybe this is a success.

Edited by garfield

The new DCI website is simply a crappy decision by DCI.

Somebody actually approved the cheesy design and the fact that fans would be bombarded with ads.

I'm sure the pitch was " we can host your streaming and show you how you can monetize your site".

As with a lot of DCI decisions the old way was better.

• Like 1