2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

2013 Vanguard had great character and era-specific choreography. 2014 SCV was back in skirts, but the choreography was at least germaine and avoided the scourge of modern dance. You can't have everything, I guess.

Okay.

1. You still haven't explained what is wrong with the homogeneity of colorguards. Were colorguards of the 70's and 80's not homogeneous with their robotic and emotionless movements? In fact, it could be argued that colorguards if today are not as homogeneous as they used to be. Each guard seems to have their own style. It's very easy to tell apart BD's guard from, say the Bluecoats.

2. You've chosen to use SCV as your scapegoat when pointing to colorguards who are actually dressing to the "era" as you call it. However, what other corps have done shows recently that have distinct "eras?" SCV is very unique in this aspect and it isn't a fair representative of the majority of shows. How should have the Bluecoats' guard last season dressed? What era were they representing? What about Crown's 2014 production? Do you think they should've moonwalked? And worn spacesuits? Fact of the matter is, most show themes support the use of jazz and modern dance and the guard uniforms will reflect that.

You may very well have valid points. However, it's impossible to assess their validity when you don't back up those points and throw subtle hints of sexism at the same time.

Right... let me make this perfectly clear....

HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IN THIS THREAD...

There has already been at least two cleanup session on this thread and there won't be a third.

Now please... feel free to carry on discussing uniforms.

• Like 6

Okay.

1. You still haven't explained what is wrong with the homogeneity of colorguards. Were colorguards of the 70's and 80's not homogeneous with their robotic and emotionless movements? In fact, it could be argued that colorguards if today are not as homogeneous as they used to be. Each guard seems to have their own style. It's very easy to tell apart BD's guard from, say the Bluecoats.

2. You've chosen to use SCV as your scapegoat when pointing to colorguards who are actually dressing to the "era" as you call it. However, what other corps have done shows recently that have distinct "eras?" SCV is very unique in this aspect and it isn't a fair representative of the majority of shows. How should have the Bluecoats' guard last season dressed? What era were they representing? What about Crown's 2014 production? Do you think they should've moonwalked? And worn spacesuits? Fact of the matter is, most show themes support the use of jazz and modern dance and the guard uniforms will reflect that.

You may very well have valid points. However, it's impossible to assess their validity when you don't back up those points and throw subtle hints of sexism at the same time.

But it's the scourge, Cappy! The scourge!

On both Cadets and Bluecoats FB pages at the moment, a simultaneous photo gallery. Follow the arrows.

Bluecoats, host for last night, included some shots of Cadets' guard uniforms worn last night

The Bloo crew news view also has some nice shots of the Cantonese from their Sunday night dress rehearsal including both corps and guard.

Also at http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/161082-cadets-2015/page-214

Edited by xandandl

Right... let me make this perfectly clear....

HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IN THIS THREAD...

There has already been at least two cleanup session on this thread and there won't be a third.

Now please... feel free to carry on discussing uniforms.

I disagree with your definition of homophobic in at least one instance..

Wow!! Just the topic for my doctoral dissertation...

"The Zero-Gravity Effects of Crystal Meth On The Starship Enterprise" :silly:

Cadets guard unis will make the corps look huge having colors alike.

Wow!! Just the topic for my doctoral dissertation...

"The Zero-Gravity Effects of Crystal Meth On The Starship Enterprise" :silly:

Yo! Now you are the Timothy Leary of DCP???

Having authored probably the last doctoral dissertation done on a typewriter, I can assure you that self-testing subject matter does not get the project completed any sooner.