2016 Prediction Thread

1. Blue Devils: 98.45 - Only 0.825 points has kept them from NINE consecutive titles. NINE. IN A ROW. They've medalled 21 of the past 22 years. As long as that staff stays intact, they're automatic, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Oh yeah, and I've seen early video. They look amazing yet again.

2. The Cadets: 97.30 - Let's not forget they won both brass AND percussion last year. This year's books seem just as meaty, and the corps sounds just as talented.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard: 96.20 - Well surprise, surprise. They've been on the cusp of medalling for the past four years, this year they get it done. In their APRIL video they were already remarkably tight. I think they're motivated this year and get it done.

4. Bluecoats: 95.85 - I don't like having them out of the medals, but here they are. Canton plays it so close to the vest it's hard to get a read on them. I just think they're due for a *slightly* off season. Really, though, I can see #2-#4 in any order.

5. Carolina Crown: 94.95 - I love Crown but, man, was I the only person to watch their preview show the other night and have about a million alarm bells go off? The brass was really good, but not as tight as prior years for mid-June. Some intonation problems and fuzzy attacks. But folks, their visual design has PROBLEMS. 90% of that show's visual impacts are in the front-left quadrant of the field. Almost none of the show is behind the back hash, and their field utilization and coverage is very poor (for a corps with Gold Medal aspirations). They've got A LOT of work to do.

6. The Cavaliers: 92.40 - What now? Last year ended up a disaster, but remember back to midsummer and the Cavaliers weren't looking too bad. They were less than a tenth of a point out of 6th at San Antonio. Then the corps got smashed by summer flu. They pulled out of DCI Atlanta and were never the same. Last year was a fluke--bad luck--more than a sign of institutional problems. Remember, their 2014 was darn good. They recover their footing this summer.

7. Phantom Regiment: 90.85 - They need to sack their entire design staff. I say this as a lifelong Phan. The only sticker on my car is a Phantom window decal. 1993 Phantom got me hooked on DCI. 2008 Phantom is my favorite show of all time. But look: their design team has got to go. All of them. 2014, 2015, and now 2016 all look and sound like generic DCI shows that any number of corps could have done. Their shows are stale, and even the kids performing the hell out of them isn't going to be enough to get out of the middle of the pack.

Sorry, I'm all out of commentary now.

8. Blue Knights: 90.35

9. Madison Scouts: 88.60

10. Boston Crusaders: 88.40

11. Blue Stars: 86.40

12. Crossmen: 85.10

13. Troopers: 84.10

14. Colts: 83.40

15. Spirit of Atlanta: 81.85

16. The Academy: 81.30

17. Oregon Crusaders: 79.55

18. Vanguard Cadets: 78.75

19. Blue Devils B: 78.65

20. Pacific Crest: 78.30

21. Mandarins: 77.20

22. Genesis: 73.05

23. Jersey Surf: 72.80

24. Spartans: 72.60

25. Cascades: 70.60

Agreed although I don't think BD 3-peats, I think Crown is a bit higher and (will work out its issues), BK is higher and Cadets won brass and was high up in percussion but didn't win but can win both this season. Edited by Tobias

I will make one prediction, so I don't get accused of jumping on a hype train later if it happens.

I think Bluecoats either win it all or are 4th/5th. It's less than 24 hours from the first show, so I will say I have seen/heard some things, and those lead me to believe they are either going to be a game changer or a wildly fun experiment that doesn't quite come together. Regardless, I don't think anyone is going to say they didn't go all out.............

:ninja:

• Like 2

I will make one prediction, so I don't get accused of jumping on a hype train later if it happens.

I think Bluecoats either win it all or are 4th/5th. It's less than 24 hours from the first show, so I will say I have seen/heard some things, and those lead me to believe they are either going to be a game changer or a wildly fun experiment that doesn't quite come together. Regardless, I don't think anyone is going to say they didn't go all out.............

:ninja:

I think you got that exactly right. Bloo is all about go big or go home this year.

• Like 1

Agreed although I don't think BD 3-peats, I think Crown is a bit higher and (will work out its issues), BK is higher and Cadets won brass and was high up in percussion but didn't win but can win both this season.

Cadets did not have the highest percussion score at Finals, but they did indeed win both high brass and high percussion last season (which is based on all three Championship week shows).

(Welp, so much for my memory) :withstupid:

But we won't know until the end of the season because since 2014, Bluecoats have erupted at the end. At one point in 2014 over 2 points behind Cadets and beat them at finals. I think 2015 they werent as slow out of the gate but still surged at the end so who cares what they do tomorrow. Almost meaningless.

Edited by Tobias

Cadets did not have the highest percussion score at Finals, but they did indeed win both high brass and high percussion last season (which is based on all three Championship week shows).

Oh I think they won quarters and semis in percussion but not finals