DCI West- Stanford, CA

If you say SCV, people will know who you are talking about. :poke:

Nobody likes Super-Cooled Vegetables. Come on, man.
  • Like 2

And before the blanket hater statements about me saying things I didn't like about BD. Loved 2014, 2011, 2008. Enjoyed 2013 and 2012. I think they're absolutely formidable in brass and guard. We'll see on the show, not sold like I have been a few years.

I'm not really seeing how last year and this year are the first two years in a "10 year change" from them. They use the same style of brass 16th note passagesthat aren't from any source material, that they have used since 2003, the same marching technique, the same make it up as they go along drill(Their words), and the same random white props that may of may not go with that years show. Lots of the same shtick. Great performance, but they have been repeating themselves for years

Please tell me if I'm missing out on the innovation.

• Like 3

Not diggin this BD show compared to last year. Not getting the same vibe. The props seem like a slightly different rehash. The character in long cape did seem cheesy. Thought SCV's drill was much better. The tunes mostly seemed the same. A huge amount of talent, but not sure this show can win. It's ok Scott, you can't be a genius every year.

Wow! BD just doesn't miss a beat. I loved that ... maybe even more than last year (though it's hard to beat that ballad from La Strada).

• Like 2

dancing horn line with the pre recorded audio is... very weird

It's awesome!

BD Looks INCREDIBLE. I don't understand the theme though... it's like Little Red Riding Hood / Alice in Wonderland. Either way I'm super entertained.

I think right now.

The final four going into finals will be.

SCV

BD

Bluecoats

Cadets.

I just at this point, don't know who would win.

I think that, based on where the shows are right now. Like, if this was finals, it would go BD, SCV, Bloo, Cadets, Crown.

I think that when its all said and done, in August we will see BD and SCV medal. I do not know who of the Cadets, Crown, Bloo will also medal. I fear that Crown won't be able to pull off this show, though I hope they can. I am not sure if the Cadets can hold off the bluecoats this season. Im inclined to believe itll be BD, SCV, and Bloo in no particular order.

I feel like, if the K-pop section was a bit different the show would fit much better.

I like a bunch of other parts of the show though. Like 90% of the show.

But, just does not have the same momentum and impressiveness of last year.

Bias alert!

SCV's drill is my favorite of the season. Yeah, I know that it still early, but their drill just blows me away! They may not be the cleanest, but it's really mesmerizing drill!

• Like 2