Hey Staff People... Don't be jerks

I've sat right next to judges many times...literally exactly next to them...the commentary never bothered me...I just filtered it out...and just listened to what I wanted to hear within the corps...sometimes isolating sections...sometimes taking in the whole sound as an ensemble etc...I'm definitely more aural than visual and it never bothered me one bit...

If you let it bother you...then it's going to bother you..that said I'm sure judges are more than happy to "tone it down" if it's really bothering you that much...

edit: the term "you" is referring to the crowd in general not a specific person

only once has hearing a judge bothered me, and that was due to the fact she was watching an entirely different show than I was.....and so off caption it was hysterical

• Like 1

I just want to know since I pay to be there, why can't I pace the track/sidelines when a corps I like is on like some directors do?

:ninja:

• Like 5

I just want to know since I pay to be there, why can't I pace the track/sidelines when a corps I like is on like some directors do?

If that distracts someone from the show, that person needs to work on their attention span.

• Like 4

If that distracts someone from the show, that person needs to work on their attention span.

Humor is so lost on you at times

Sorry. I'm not really good with dry humor.

no worries. but as someone who does T&P, it does cross the line of coaching at times.

• Like 1

Now that's funny!

You never saw Jim Costello with the Cabs. At times he looked like the father waiting for the kid to be born.... other times he looked like the mother waiting for the kid to be born...

Only got to see it once and it was quite the show LOL. Right up there with Larry Hershman playing judge with the HS band he was working with. The band was doing a halftime show at another school and Larry was on the pressbox roof with the tape recorder. Everyone else(sitting with the other schools band parents) is watching the band and I'm watching Larry while giving my folks running commentary based on the body language. "He liked that... not happy.. hoo boy they'll be working on that this week..."

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Omg i would live to sit next to a judge. Would be interesting to hear their thoughts on what they were judging as i watched and heard the same thing. It would give a lot of insight on what they look for, listen for, what the coros does wrong and right, etc

As far as rude staff, I've seen/heard ut happen plenty of times when i toured.

It's rude for a staff member to audibly be rude and criticize their competition. Dedication to the success and enjoyment of the activity should at least be in their top 3 of priorities.

Not to mention it makes their own corps look bad. They should hold themselves to a higher standard, period.

However, the vast majority of the time i saw staff members clapping and saying positive things.

Goes for volunteers, too, whih i was during those couple years. When you have a corps tshirt on and have that badge hanging from around your neck, you're representing your organization.

No excuse for staff members and even unpaid techs/interns to have anything less than respect. Paying audience members can set their own bar lower if they wish.

• Like 2