Hey Staff People... Don't be jerks

I think what bothers some paying customers in the stands is that staff kids (recent age-outs, usually - on the "tech" end of staff) act as if nobody is watching the show but them. That can be annoying, but after almost 30 years of going to shows I haven't been around really egregious staff behavior very often.

I don't know if anyone on here attended DCI North at Buffalo in 93, but some drunken idiot was yelling at Star and their drum major during about half of their performance before they were removed.

At the time I just wished that the corps and the drum major would've smacked the guy around, that certainly would've been met with applause.

I don't know if anyone on here attended DCI North at Buffalo in 93, but some drunken idiot was yelling at Star and their drum major during about half of their performance before they were removed.

At the time I just wished that the corps and the drum major would've smacked the guy around, that certainly would've been met with applause.

Yeah - I was there. Unfortunately that "attitude" followed Star 93 the entire season. It got a little better at finals, but it peaked with the shows in the Midwest where they were roundly booed and jeered by fans of "other" midwest corps. One of the darkest moments in the activities history. Especially in context of that show's lasting legacy AND all the stuff Cook's group was doing for the activity behind the scenes. Rescuing corps with buses, feeding other corps, sponsoring the telecast etc. Took ten years or so for the activity to recover when they pulled out.

As far as the staff - I personally enjoy their excitement. They work really hard for often little, zero or even negative money. As long as they aren't being totally obnoxious I say "bring it on and cheer your corps"

Hey what about shows where the flippin' announcer is on the field a few yards from the front sideline..... Scranton about 10 years ago seems to stick in my mind. :tounge2:

:ninja::peek::whistle:

• Like 1

While we're on the topic (well, off-topic, but on this topic), are you in that sig pic? If so, which one are you?

I am in that pic. The black guy in the front row, 4th trumpet from the right.

I am in that pic. The black guy in the front row, 4th trumpet from the right.

So not the one with the injured leg, or wearing the wrong color shoes or in an extra wide stance. Hmm. How are we supposed to pick on you?

and according to the photo, he's the one standing on one leg!

Um, the other front row? There are three rows in the pic as I see it. The first two are right near each other. As I see it he is the 6th one from the left edge of the photo, in the front row. Both feet on the ground. But head in the clouds, I'm sure!

So not the one with the injured leg, or wearing the wrong color shoes or in an extra wide stance. Hmm. How are we supposed to pick on you?

Um, the other front row? There are three rows in the pic as I see it. The first two are right near each other. As I see it he is the 6th one from the left edge of the photo, in the front row. Both feet on the ground. But head in the clouds, I'm sure!

I have been analyzing computer networks all day. I don't feel like thinking right now. The FRONT row...closest to the front sideline. The sideline to which we are playing...where the staff is watching us and where the fans watched us that night. :fight:

• Like 1

Uh no. He's the one wearing white gloves, red shorts, tennis shoes, and a KILLER tan!

:tounge2:

• Like 2