It's Barnum Festival Time!

I predict White Sabers end up in 4th place ahead of both Hurcs and Bush.We also have another show that night down Dixie way ,with Alliance ,Atlanta CV ,and Carolina Gold so a few more scores thrown into the mix .

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 3

I predict White Sabers end up in 4th place ahead of both Hurcs and Bush.We also have another show that night down Dixie way ,with Alliance ,Atlanta CV ,and Carolina Gold so a few more scores thrown into the mix .

Man... almost forgot about the southern show.

Don't mean to ignore our DCA South friends!!!!

Three good corps there. Should be fun!!!

• Like 1

>>>I hear their police chief is a little corrupt :tounge2:<<<

So ... this is funny also? ... a little history for you ... the Bpt Police Chief is the son of one of my first drum instructors ... I've known him from birth ... a VERY talented percussionist ... one of Santa Clara's first marching keyboard players ... he'll be announcing the show this Saturday ... and then drumming with Park City Pride ... maybe you could introduce yourself and educate him ...

You guys think your rhetoric is funny? ... it's not ...

... and don't play the "just kidding" card ... is doesn't work ... stick to the show and the competitors ... that's what this thread is about ...

Right Fran?

This police chief, upon aging out of SCV, then went on to be a snare tech for the Garfield Cadets during the first of three DCI championships.

While advancing in a very challenged and busy law enforcement agency, he found time to teach and tech several percussion lines for high school marching bands and winter percussion units, mentoring other new instructors, and raising a wonderful family.

This police chief is a quality guy all the way around, is well respected in a racially, economically and culturally diverse city, and among the long blue line.

• Like 4

Man... almost forgot about the southern show.

Don't mean to ignore our DCA South friends!!!!

Three good corps there. Should be fun!!!

Weather looks threating for them. http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USNC0761:1:US

This police chief, upon aging out of SCV, then went on to be a snare tech for the Garfield Cadets during the first of three DCI championships.

While advancing in a very challenged and busy law enforcement agency, he found time to teach and tech several percussion lines for high school marching bands and winter percussion units, mentoring other new instructors, and raising a wonderful family.

This police chief is a quality guy all the way around, is well respected in a racially, economically and culturally diverse city, and among the long blue line.

Move on.

The Stadium is actually Bridgeport Park jurisdiction.

Have a great weekend.

AoE

I'll just mention some folks are forgetting something, and I saw Donny is reading this, I'll say it for him and WS:

-DCA Voting member (would have been a very strong 8th last year in Open)

-Been getting stronger and better every year in every aspect of the activity

I have a hunch some folks might not be showing enough love there in their predictions.

I'll just mention some folks are forgetting something, and I saw Donny is reading this, I'll say it for him and WS:

-DCA Voting member (would have been a very strong 8th last year in Open)

-Been getting stronger and better every year in every aspect of the activity

I have a hunch some folks might not be showing enough love there in their predictions.

Mr W

I hear ya.

Not sure if you can say they were an 8th place corps. I question if that was open class design, especially visually, in relationship to those units that were in the middle of the pack in open. Musically, not much creatively done to make the original score drum corps exciting. The Battery did bring some advanced skills to the table.

You can't really tell until you get like corps on the field together in the same place, so this weekend will be important for them. Especially if they are prepared and Bush is probably not finished.

... good luck to them!

AoE

Edited by AoEnut

>>>fewer rats than in Bridgeport<<<

Poor choice of words ... very poor ... and low ... you should be ashamed ... not even close to funny ...

Andy "a Bridgeport native" Lisko

got off the bus at the park by the water. not ashamed at all. those suckers were ####### HUGE!!

Jeff thoses are water rats at Sea Side Park ,your right they grown um large there .LMAO

They would have been 8th last year. The Open class and A Class corps are judged on the same sheets and scoring criteria. Because the White Sabres have one of the top 10 scores (8th) in Prelims- they're a full DCA voting member.