Making Moves in Muncie - June 26

Of all the comments that I've seen on this thread, I couldn't be gladder to see that not a single one has to do with bad live stream quality.

• Like 1

Of all the comments that I've seen on this thread, I couldn't be gladder to see that not a single one has to do with bad live stream quality.

Absolutely rock solid tonight for me anyway...and I was watching in 720p :)

Edited by Liahona

Thanks DCI...got my monies worth tonight. No complaints here.

Thank you to ALL of the corps.

Blooo you were fantastic!

um I had to work late. I'm on Mountain Standard Time (2 hours behind). I logged in at 6:15 pm my time and saw all until Cavaliers. I paused before Cavaliers, did 20 minutes of chores, resumed watching until the end of Crown's performance. The video service cut me off at 9:32 pm my time! How rude! The word 'disconnected' appeared and I missed Cadets and Bluecoats. I'm disappointed, however, if the evening performances was taped, I'll certainly buy the CD. I love listening to drum corps music at work. Do it right DCI!

Absolutely rock solid tonight for me anyway...and I was watching in 720p :)

I was too. And upscaled it to 1080 / and thru it up on the big screen plasma. It was awesome!

There were a couple of hiccups during Bluecoats near the end (I'm on a 150 Mbps connection). Nothing traumatic. If you watched closely though, the stream did get about a second off just like it did the other night. It was much tougher to tell though without movement on stage. Following the drums and the DM showed this. It corrected itself a few times though.

Again, if this happens while it's a field show, you can definitely tell. And I imagine with a soccer game, it wouldn't be a huge deal. Hopefully these things (and mobile support) will get worked out soon.

Overall, it was an A-/A tonight.

I really REALLY can't get over how freaking amazing Bluecoats brass sounds...definitely the sound of a Champion IMO...I can't wait to hear this show live...Very Excited! :)

• Like 2

Props to Dan Potter as emcee. He's so smooth & comfortable with everyone. Good fill between corps.

Dan is a great guy, let me just say that first. You couldn't ask for someone better to represent DCI.

That all said, the comment he made tonight about the "So you want to make money, eh?" to the Bluecoats DM when he said he wasn't going into music education, that may have been a little ill-timed with a crap ton of potential music majors in the audience tonight (this being a bando show and all). Just sayin'.

Also, definitely the comment, brain-fart, WTF moment of the night was when he flubbed Cavies as being 2-time World Champions, and then 6-time World Champions, and then finally..... "oops..... I mean 7-time World Champions!" was kind of sad. I couldn't help but laugh really really hard.

Sorry Dan.

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 1

Dan is a great guy, let me just say that first. You couldn't ask for someone better to represent DCI.

That all said, the comment he made tonight about the "So you want to make money, eh?" to the Bluecoats DM when he said he wasn't going into music education, that may have been a little ill-timed with a crap ton of potential music majors in the audience tonight (this being a bando show and all). Just sayin'.

Also, definitely the comment, brain-fart, WTF moment of the night was when he flubbed Cavies as being 2-time World Champions, and then 6-time World Champions, and then finally..... "oops..... I mean 7-time World Champions!" was kind of sad. I couldn't help but laugh really really hard.

Sorry Dan.

It's not always what is said...but how it is said...I thought Dan did a great job for LIVE performance that seemed to me not scripted but more improvised.

• Like 1

It's not always what is said...but how it is said...I thought Dan did a great job for LIVE performance that seemed to me not scripted but more improvised.

The pre-show was improvised with people explaining the show that know how. Why not interview someone other than a drum major after the show? How was the stage show? How did you feel? Did it sound different indoors than outdoors? Drum majors have a job and a half during improv. Give them a break. There's plenty of members. Have fun during these opportunties :smile:

edit: Blue Stars 2015 music is cool :bigsmile:

Edited by lindap

Saw a photo of the indoor venue and it was packed. A lot of people descended on Muncie; would be interesting to see what % were from Muncie in there. Nice consolation after reading the post on FB from our veteran guard Allyson stating: "Holy Name Scuba Squad 2K15"!