Rose Bowl- Corps at the Crest Part Dos

What an incredible show! Scv was on fire! The Academy is the real deal. Blue Knights were great too. Best PC and Mandarins yet. The open class corps got good respect from the crowd. I was on the 50 row 77. The younger people around me went gaga over BD, especially the K pop stuff. I didn't get into it, but enjoyed the second half of the show.

I concur, I was row 77. Great show. And I have to give a shout out to the dude rocking a Blue Rock shirt. He said he marched 67-68.

• Like 1

Everyone is so good this year. I'm really blown away how good all the corps are now. I can't wait until the Boston show that is gonna be great!

• Like 1

All the shows were amazing. What a great venue. BK my favorite...but I am a bit biased :-)

Was all set to periscope but had a phone malfunction. Hopefully will be fixed by the time I hit Riverside tomorrow.

I'm hoping that the Bluecoats being pretty much without competition lately isn't going to affect them adversely once they re-enter the mix. That 75.70 is sort of a slap in the face to where The Cadets, BD, and SCV are at right now (77.5-79.4). And considering they've beaten the Cadets (and won brass each time), it's a little concerning. I know you don't judge scores from different shows, but you know DCI judges are pouring over recaps just like we are and are seeing this.

(And sorry, but the Cavies being just 2 points off from Bluecoats, what?? Light years and completely different leagues IMO.)

P.S. I'm really tired of the West Coast shows getting full panels every night. Come on DCI, spread it out and make it right.

Edited by IMcomguy

To demonstrate my point... so far this season...

West coast:

FULL
FULL

FULL

FULL

LIMITED

FULL

FULL

Rest of the country:

FULL

LIMITED

LIMITED

FULL
LIMITED
LIMITED
LIMITED
LIMITED
LIMITED
LIMITED (Muncie, was scheduled for 5 judges before rainout)
LIMITED
LIMITED

You have to think there are some staffers that aren't too excited to be seeing these random panels night after night after night (leaving out key feedback in captions like brass, or guard, or percussion) while the West Coast boys are getting full rounds of feedback at every single show they're at. There are corps out here that have YET to see a full panel after 5-6 performances, while there are corps out west that haven't seen anything BUT a full panel. I know, I should call the Whaaaambulance, right? Because this is just reciprocal value for having Finals locked up in Indy, blah blah blah.

But at the instructional level, I would be a bit concerned. And I know some folks besides me who are out there teaching who feel exactly this way.

Edited by IMcomguy

To demonstrate my point... so far this season...

West coast:

FULL

FULL

FULL

FULL

LIMITED

FULL

FULL

Rest of the country:

FULL

LIMITED

LIMITED

FULL

LIMITED

LIMITED

LIMITED

LIMITED

LIMITED

LIMITED (Muncie, was scheduled for 5 judges before rainout)

LIMITED

LIMITED

You have to think there are some staffers that aren't too excited to be seeing these random panels night after night after night (leaving out key feedback in captions like brass, or guard, or percussion) while the West Coast boys are getting full rounds of feedback at every single show they're at. There are corps out here that have YET to see a full panel after 5-6 performances, while there are corps out west that haven't seen anything BUT a full panel. I know, I should call the Whaaaambulance, right? Because this is just reciprocal value for having Finals locked up in Indy, blah blah blah.

But at the instructional level, I would be a bit concerned. And I know some folks besides me who are out there teaching who feel exactly this way.

It's a fair complaint. I wonder what determines this; maybe it's not a matter of planning so much it's a matter of chance/logistics. Are the judges volunteers? Where, regionally, do they tend to live?