Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

The "run to your spot drill" has got to go. Cheap. Only BD is allowed to do that.

• Like 2

I would have never guessed that this was an SCV show if I had seen them march in rehearsal without uniforms. This is a totally new style for them, and I love it. A few crowd-pleasing tricks from the Cavaliers' book, some creative use of electronics like Bluecoats -- all enough to add interest without going overboard. This is not your grandfathers' Vanguard!

• Like 2

Love Vanguard's drill and percussion. Not buying the music book. Brass seems thin to me (which could be computer audio), and the brass don't play much, especially in the first 4 minutes of the show.

The way they work with color in the guard is amazing, from the ghostly grey at the start to the rainbows. Best costume design I've seen this year.

I have loved vanguards shows from 2012-present and that's weird for me. This show I think is amazing. I personally feel it could be in the running for top 3.

• Like 1

Just think the music book lacks top 3 level GE. Good marching, excellent drill. Those 2 holes do hurt, but this visual program will be nice come finals. But for my taste, music content (especially brass), and music GE may hurt them.

Definitely taking a page from the Cavalier's school of uniform design. White plumes, gauntlets and sash draw the eye away from the all-black lower body. Gives them a light, floaty look up top.

Love the SCV this year. A bit drum heavy but with a line like that who can blame them?

Edited by StuStu