Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

The Cavies' trombones work really well, I think. They don't seem like a gimmick, which was my first thought when they brought them out. Musically, they make sense.

Love Vanguard's drill and percussion. Not buying the music book. Brass seems thin to me (which could be computer audio), and the brass don't play much, especially in the first 4 minutes of the show.

Yeah this my problem with the show...just not buying the music. They are doing the electronics almost on par with BLOO, but the music just falls flat for me. But they sounded pretty loud to me! ;)

Can we all just agree that trombones are actually being utilized correctly this year? As in, "hey we need a trombone to make this work"

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2

Cavaliers are still filthy dirty, but on almost all levels this is a really well developed and fun show to watch. Drill, guard, and overall visual are lovely. Brass is playing some meat, and wonderful themes that the audience can grab onto. Percussion is really good. When this cleans this will be a fabulous show come Finals.

• Like 3

Also, leave it to the Cavaliers to remind us that symmetrical drill can be down-right effective and amazing to watch.

• Like 2