DCI Minnesota - 7/11

Let me emphasize, I think scores SAME DAY (or close to it) by same size panels are comparable.

I agree they are comparable, but I think that "comparable" means, for example, "with an approximate margin of error of plus or minus two points". So on some absolute scale that resolved both the Minneapolis and Denver shows, Bloo's 83.500 could work out to anything from 81.500 to 85.500, while Cadets' 82.950 could work out to anything from 80.950 to 84.950.

A good point. Many still think of SCV as a title contender most years, but so much of that reputation comes from their glory days in the 70s and 80s. In the 90s they had 2 shows that were true title contenders (98, 99), and from 2000 on only 2004 (3rd place) stands out. In recent years they have been good but not title-contending good. We'll see about this year's show. But this year aside, they've had 1 show that could have contended for a title in the last 15 years, and 3 in the last 25 years (going back to 1990). I like the direction they are heading, but they are not there yet.

I'd say '97 was more of a contender than '98 considering they tied for first at prelims.