DCI Minnesota - 7/11

LOL. Convenient for people to NOW say "can't compare shows" when Bloo ends up "winning."

Minnesota "regional" my ###.

For the record, not that anyone cares at this point, but unless I missed something, nowhere on the DCI website do they refer to the Minnesota show (or DATR for that matter) as a "regional." Seems like the fans are doing that. So I don't really get what all the hand-wringing is about. And as I said yesterday, even if was classified as an official regional, or if they sell patches to commemorate the event, so what? Back in the day, they used to hold two regionals on the same day lots of times. And if you're gonna try and tell me that DCI East or DCI Mid-America weren't regionals in those circumstances, you're gonna lose that argument every single day 'til the end of time. They most certainly were regionals, and winning them was a big deal.

Point is, many people will compare scores whether we want them to or not. Some will take those numbers with a huge grain of salt, others will post them proudly, getting off on the opportunity to type out their favorite corps' name in first place (or whatever) because it doesn't usually happen. Who the EFF cares?! Fan is short for "fanatic," you know. Rationality does not always rule the day, especially when you have a personal or emotional investment in a certain corps doing well.

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 3

They have not had the chance to work at all! It took cadets 5 days of solid hardcore practice to .10 them?

I never took BD as the type of corps who makes excuses. Maybe a few of their hardcore fans should follow their cue.

(And by the way, those five days included learning 30 pages of brand new drill, along with making other new changes to their show. Just think of how good they'll be once THEY get the chance to clean!)

Oh, I can fix that for you; get married. :smile:

Then she'll stop yelling at you and start ignoring you. :wall:

I like my quiet time 😅

• Like 2

Looking forward to San Antonio, its going to be a great battle with so many hardworking Corps filled with so many talented young people all so deserving of our applause . Good luck to all of them!!

• Like 1

I am a hardcore BD fan to the bone. Have been since my uncle took me to see them live June 26th,1982 in Riverside Ca when i was five years old. No excuses for last night. My fellow BD fans that are on here making excuses about practice time etc......stop it!!! Cadets won fair and square. But it isn't over. I think BD and Cadets will be trading wins the rest of the year. What a year for DCI fans. I love this activity!!!

• Like 4

I think BD and Cadets will be trading wins the rest of the year. What a year for DCI fans. I love this activity!!!

Agreed. The best thing to me about last night was, 1) BD is no longer undefeated. I love BD, and undefeated seasons can be special, but I think it's better for the fans to see the top dog lose once in a while. They may still wind up winning in the end, but now we know they can be beaten. And 2) the scores were still very tight. I don't think any single corps in this top grouping will be running away from the pack this year. So much more fun that way!

• Like 3

Great performances last night and I thought that Cadets deserved the win. I'm getting pretty concerned that the Crossmen's scores have been going backwards for the last week or so. They got a 71.450 last night which is lower than every show they've been at since 7/2 in Foxboro and just barely besting their 7.400 in Allentown on 6/29. Certainly not my favorite Crossmen show by a long stretch but based on the times I've seen them I thought they've been steadily improving. After last night, they are sitting in 14th (behind Academy and Troopers) and I'm beginning to have serious concerns that they'll make finals.